• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Official 2005 CSSA Trial Exam Thread (1 Viewer)

ar3nbe

HSC
I think overall, comparing to past CSSA trials that the first couple questions where harder than i expected. That said, i think from about question 6 onwards, it eas eazier than the past papers. Overall, i think it was a fairly simple exam, but i shouldnt talk untill i get my results back, lol.

Also, did anyone else really like that last question i mean dam, for a qu 10, they spoon food u by giving you the answer. Althought that differentiation could of got a bit tricky for non 3u students.

I to hope the 3u tomorow isnt to bad.

switchblade87

HSC
goan_crazy said:
we had a bearing question
differentiation with exponentials
sigma question
for q7

for q8:
volume question
parabola/area question

what did u have?
Q8 was a series question, can't remember Q7, though :p
I'm just glad maths is over for a while, only one exam to go!

MarsBarz

HSC
I just finished my trial 2u exam!
I 'm not sure if it was the csaa. I thought they said it would be the csaa trial exam but the cover had my school's name on it. Maybe the school rebadged it :/. I don't know. Anyway I thought it was a pretty simple and straightforward test although I would've like an extra 15 minutes or so.

Can anyone tell me some questions or the contents of the exam so that I can find out if it really was the csaa?

Ie: My exam didn't have probability, did the csaa have some?

a
a

LuKiN

HSC
i found that test to be really easy. i found the hardest question to be the question which the school wrote to replace q7. Q8, 9 and 10 were way too easy... they virtually gave you the answers for all of them too. My biggest problem was that i didn't know simpsons rule... but i was willing to throw those two or three marks because i knew it would take ages to revise it.

I reckon i could have gotten a percentage in the high 90's pretty easily.. but we i'll have to wait and find out i guess.

fingers crossed for extension maths tomorrow.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
MarsBarz said:
I 'm not sure if it was the csaa. I thought they said it would be the csaa trial exam but the cover had my school's name on it. Maybe the school rebadged it :/. I don't know. Anyway I thought it was a pretty simple and straightforward test although I would've like an extra 15 minutes or so.

Can anyone tell me some questions or the contents of the exam so that I can find out if it really was the csaa?

a
a
yes CSSA had question 7 prob on tennis.

laurel18

Keep smiling Ü
HSC
Hmmm...you know Question 10 ii) asking about the minimum of 'D' (i think it was 4 marks) what was that about?

LuKiN

HSC
MarsBarz said:

a
a
Your school might have taken the CSSA exam and just replaced the probability questions.
for something to compare with. Q1 a) Write down the value of |-6| - |-12|

what a joke of a question.

!lukey!

HSC
i think it was a heaps good paper did previous ones and thought this one was slightly easier than the rest. the paper is out of 120 marks ive got it here with me and question 7 was the tennis probability with nicole and mariana playing in the australian open

goan_crazy

HSC
laurel18 said:
Hmmm...you know Question 10 ii) asking about the minimum of 'D' (i think it was 4 marks) what was that about?
the average in the state in 2unit for Q9 and 10 so stop worrying...

I'm waiting for the geekOXRs who were saying how easy it was in the other thread.

LuKiN

HSC
laurel18 said:
you had to differentiate D^2

in other words, find:
dD^2/dy
then then solve it.

sorry if im not allowed to post this stuff yet... just tell me and i'll stop.

switchblade87

HSC
MarsBarz said:
I 'm not sure if it was the csaa. I thought they said it would be the csaa trial exam but the cover had my school's name on it.

Isn't it CSSA? lol :)

raspb3rry

♥♥♥
HSC
I figured out q 10 :D. I found that q with the triangle so hard :'(, the proving sin15= blah and stuff. mm, and the compound interest one...I sucked at that?! How do you do that one?

And probability..I couldn't do it! Answers plz :D.

Last edited:

r.haidar

not crusin til schoolies!
HSC
yeah 10 part ii was hard but i know i got the other parts right lol... show this n show that... did anyone else get 29 terms that equal zero? for one of the questions?

ar3nbe

HSC
LuKiN said:
you had to differentiate D^2

in other words, find:
dD^2/dy
then then solve it.

sorry if im not allowed to post this stuff yet... just tell me and i'll stop.
Im sure your allowed to post, considering some people took the exams home. I dont see the difference.

For question 10 yes u differentiate D (way i did it, didnt think about the diff D^2). Then you set it to zero, just as you would normally and work away. The trick was, to recognise it, but the algebra was quite hairy at moments if u didnt kno what you were doing, or if you didnt set it out neatly. I think that question was quite elegant, but think it should of been qu 8, not qu 10.

!lukey!

HSC
yeah that one about priving sin15 i think i confused myself in my answer lol, the compund interest one wasnt in our test they put another question in, im glad tho cause it looks hard

r.haidar

not crusin til schoolies!
HSC
oh yeah ditto, sorry if i cant say any answers yet... just tryin to estimate my mark.. the sin 15 one was easy.. hehe

|-6| - |12| thats bloody yr 8 work isnt it? lol i didnt know they could test u back that far oh what did people think about the bacteria question? pretty straight forward for 3 unit kids, weve dont them and harder version for yonks ay boys n girls ;-)

goan_crazy

HSC
r.haidar said:
hey guys... the CSSA 2005 maths 2unit exam was piss easy! i mean comon question 10 was a joke, 8 n 9 were hard only coz they took long but i still finished with 1 hour to go, how did everyone else go.... ps im not cocky so dont get all cut at me just coz i did better than u hahahah just kidding i rekon i did awesome
no, your not cocky at all :rolleyes:
Who else wants to brag hey?

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
Hrmm, i probably fucked the compound interest and some of 10, you could fudge so much of that test.

raspb3rry

♥♥♥
HSC
ar3nbe said:
Im sure your allowed to post, considering some people took the exams home. I dont see the difference.
/QUOTE]

aww..do you guys get to take exam papers home? we're never allowed! Teachers always collect them back~!

laurel18

Keep smiling Ü
HSC
I'm feeling stupid now...I'm a 3u student and all of you saying question 10 was easy :blush: I got part 3 but part 2 was kinda dodgy...
I think i know why now...I ignored that gigantic parabola and concentrated on the two points...ahhh silly me...Must be my nerves...but overall it was an alright paper...(much easier than i expected)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)