Official BOS Trial 2014 Thread (1 Viewer)

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Discuss the exams, how did you go?

/thread

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
When do you guys expect to finish up and head off?

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Hey all. Great day today nice meeting a lot of new faces and also some of the old ones. Hope you all took a lot of experience these exams. I sat a final exam last semester where students getting over 95 in the course struggled to get about 45/60% raw in the final for the course. Hopefully you all won't have this experience in a formal exam but if you ever encounter it you shall all be prepared.

Good Luck all for your HSC's and all the best :D Was nice meeting many of you today.

QZP

HSC
Was anyone else feeling the letters on the paper (it popped out like braille)? I was mesmerised for like 5 minutes

Edit: looks like im a special child...

Last edited:

aDimitri

i'm the cook
HSC
i'd like to say a MASSIVE thanks to everyone involved in organising the event. despite being a little disappointed with my performance esp in 3U i know i had a fantastic time and i'm pretty sure everyone else did too, somewhere underneath all the butt-hurt!

as far as general comments go: 3U was a LOT harder than any of the previous years, i doubt i got over 55/70 and i got ~90% on the last 2 years. 4U was OK, i felt like i could have gotten 70 with maybe 30 more minutes, and i'm pretty sure i got 60-low60s (inb4 tonnes of silly mistakes). the volumes question was the best volumes question i have ever seen within the confines of the HSC course and it was probably the highlight for me since volumes is my favourite topic.

ALSO, i stand by what i was saying about that sum question being wrong, if you check the degree of the LHS and RHS it's pretty clear that the powers are wrong on the RHS. for my actual solution:

Last edited:

mreditor16

HSC
surprised at the lack of post-exam discussion. everyone is probs still at the meat. or crying on their bed.

iStudent

HSC
i'd like to say a MASSIVE thanks to everyone involved in organising the event. despite being a little disappointed with my performance esp in 3U i know i had a fantastic time and i'm pretty sure everyone else did too, somewhere underneath all the butt-hurt!

as far as general comments go: 3U was a LOT harder than any of the previous years, i doubt i got over 55/70 and i got ~90% on the last 2 years. 4U was OK, i felt like i could have gotten 70 with maybe 30 more minutes, and i'm pretty sure i got 60-low60s (inb4 tonnes of silly mistakes). the volumes question was the best volumes question i have ever seen within the confines of the HSC course and it was probably the highlight for me since volumes is my favourite topic.

ALSO, i stand by what i was saying about that sum question being wrong, if you check the degree of the LHS and RHS it's pretty clear that the powers are wrong on the RHS. for my actual solution:

I expect SR from you! :)
On another note. Free subway and cookies was nice =)

QZP

HSC
He aint gonna get a state rank with that last denominator (x-1)^x !!! : P GW though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)