Official BOS Trial 2015 Thread (1 Viewer)

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Totes just ignored me ahahahah.

Ex1 : is 100 achievable ? AKA which year is it the closest in difficulty to
Yes your friend is able to come, as it is for 2U.

Of course 100 is achievable, by many I believe.

The question now is, can you handle dealing with harder questions as well as a fairly pressuring time limit, or are you only able to deal with harder questions? I cannot say which paper it is closest in difficulty to, but I can say that I feel that the average difficulty of the 2015 paper is higher than other years, but the end of the paper is much easier than other years.

Question for 4U: how many 'famous' mathematical theorems/proofs are proved in the exam? e.g. last year there was Gaussian integral, the year before (iirc) there was a proof for 1/1^2 + 1/2^2 + 1/3^2 +..... = (pi^2)/6
Hard to answer because I do not know what the line between 'famous' and non-famous is. What may be famous to me may be completely unheard of to you.

But a well-seasoned student of mathematics will look at the paper and be able to recognise 6-7 results and know exactly what the question is doing.

Hey Carrotsticks, is it too late to sign up?
For Extension 1 and 2, yes.

For 2 Unit, no.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
My apologies all. The post here reminded me that today is indeed Tuesday, and not Wednesday.

So the numbers will be distributed tomorrow, as they were scheduled to be given out on the Wednesday.

deboiz

HSC
LOL pumped for this (hoping i get in ofc)
more pumped for this than the actual hsc l0l

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Carrot will be sending all your student numbers shortly.

Also, he will be loading a file of a general writing booklet which you will be asked to print sufficient copies at home (one for each short answer question) and bring to the exam day. This is just to save time/cost in printing them out himself.

If he does not do this by Thursday lunch time, I would suggest spamming his inbox ;).

Ekman

HSC
After the exam is over, will we be allowed to take the question booklet home or do we have to wait for carrot to upload it?

Drsoccerball

HSC
CARROT can you give me the answer booklets PDF now i have a limited time that i can print something. Im going to PM you aswell jsut to make surre.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
You guys won't need to bring your own paper. I've sorted out the printing shenanigan now, that is what has been taking up most of my time for the past few hours.

As for student numbers, I'll have to release them tonight when I'm done sorting this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)