*Official Fuck 96.1 Thread* (1 Viewer)

Crestwood's_G

In Elegance
HSC
does 96.1 actually play hiphop...because i have yet to hear any real hiphop songs...wait i heard eric b and rakim - paid in full and the coup ft. talib kweli - my favourite mutiny...that was all....

so this is the official fuck 96.1...put on triple J thread (because JJJ actually plays some real hiphop...not bow wow ("mr i am better than will smith")

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
They played It ain't hard to tell by Nas once!

Yeah triple j had Dangerdoom playing before.

sexy-cinderella

HSC
9.61 the edge has ALOT of problems that I am not going to be bothered to type out.

Not obvious but i think it is actually encouraging the continuation of 'lolz im a gangsta' stupid trend lebos and most wogs seem to follow.

I have not heard one hip hop song played, all stupid mainstream bopper songs, and then when a song starts burning up the billboard charts in the US they start playing it ONLY for that reason 'lolz omg its popular in american maybe we should play it lol' (eg T.I - what you know) they have NEVER played a T.I song but all of the sudden 'lolz i love this song' (coz its the top rap song in the US at the moment). And i hardly heard ANY common but when he was over here they sucked up to him by playing his stuff and now the only song i hear is 'testify' (prob coz of the 'rilly rilly funny sample lolz')

instead of educating the boppers they are lyke 'lolz its ok we'll just reinforce your ignorance just as long as you make us some money' c'mon if your going to claim to be a hip hop station at least show some actual love and respect to the GENRE not just the commodified crap and then throw 1 or 2 songs in there to 'satisfy the boppers'....96.1's idea of 'old school' is just replaying grand master flash 'the message' 10000 times. No krs, no kool g rap, no big daddy kane, NOTHING.

and now they started playing 'crazy' by gnarles barkely, even though its been out for ages, why is it a coincedence that they only started playing it because it was burning up the charts in the UK after it was out for a long time before that.

I suspect that the edge are just a bunch of fickle boppers looking at what is hot in other countries and then playing that, and throwing some pathetic crap from aus to ruin the image of aus hip hop too (wtf @ 'black fellas' that abo rap song 'all the garagis, all the markis, all the namajis' fucking ok reconciliation wow doesnt mean we need to like ur stupid crap, and why the hell does he refer to himself as a 'brother')

this is there top 100 played:

TOUCH THE SKYKANYE WEST FT LUPE FIASCOSO SICKNE YOTHERE IT GO (THE WHISTLE SONG)JULEZ SANTANAUNPREDICTABLEJAMIE FOXX FT LUDACRISGRILLZNELLYBEEPPUSSYCAT DOLLSNASTY GIRLTHE NOTORIOUS B.I.G. FT DIDDY, NELLY, JAGGED EDGEONE WISHRAY JSHAKE THATEMINEM feat NATE DOGGS.O.S.RIHANNAYO (EXCUSE ME MISS)CHRIS BROWNSTAY FLYTHREE 6 MAFIAGET YOUR NUMBERMARIAH CAREYBACK LIKE THATGHOSTFACEBE WITHOUT YOUMARY J BLIGESHAKE (REMIX)YING YANG TWINSLIKE YOU (REMIX)BOW WOW FT CIARADEFINITIONRESIN DOGSYOUR BODYPRETTY RICKYGET UP OUTTA THE DIRTBUTTERFINGERSROMPEDADDY YANKEEBLACK SWEATPRINCECONTROL MYSELFLL COOL J FT JENNIFER LOPEZTHEN TIL NOWBLISS N ESOCAUSE AN EFFECTN'FASAY ICHRISTINA MILIANCRAZYGNARLS BARKLEYBEAUTIFULDAMIEN JR GONG MARLEYPUT EM IN THEIR PLACEMOBB DEEPRUN IT (SO SO DEF REMIX)CHRIS BROWN FT BOW WOW + JERMAINE DUPRII'M SPRUNGT-PAINTHEY DON'T KNOWSAVAGEI'M SPRUNG (REMIX)T-PAINBELIEVE MEFORT MINORHUSTLER'S AMBITION50 CENTSHOW ME WHAT YOU WORKIN' WITHBLAK GENIUSIN FRONT OF METZUMY HUMPSBLACK EYED PEASMOONSHINESAVAGE FEAT AKONSTICKWITUPUSSYCAT DOLLSCHECK ON ITBEYONCE FT SLIM THUGPUMP ITBLACK EYED PEASCAN I HAVE IT LIKE THATPHARRELL WILLIAMS FT GWEN STEFANIREAL SOONSNOOP DOGG AND THE DOGGY STYLE CREWGASOLINA (REMIX)DADDY YANKEE FT LIL JOHN PITTBULLGOLD DIGGERKANYE WESTWE ARE BURNIN'SEAN PAULWINDOW SHOPPER50 CENTTESTIFYCOMMONDONT FORGET ABOUT US (REMIX)MARIAH CAREY FT JUELZ SANTANA & BONE THUGS-N-HARMOLUXURIOUS (REMIX)GWEN STEFANI FT SLIM THUGPON DE REPLAY (ALBUM REMIX)RIHANNAMJB DA MVPMARY J BLIGE feat THE GAMELEB INDUSTRY VOLUME ONEM.I.B.SHOW ME WHAT YOU WORKIN' WITH (REMIXBLAK GENIUSBLACKFELLASLOCAL KNOWLEDGEHEARD 'EM SAYKANYE WEST FT ADAM LEVINE (MAROON 5)TOUCH ITBUSTA RHYMESDANCE WITH MECHITACROSSING THE TRACKSBROTHABLACKWE BELONG TOGETHER (REMIX)MARIAH CAREYCATCH PHRASEPHRASECRY AGAINDEI HAMO FT TIM FINNGET DOWNBREEDIF IT'S LOVING THAT YOU WANTRIHANNARECAPTURING THE VIBEHILLTOP HOODSFAIRYTALE MASTER [EDIT]FIGGKIDDHOLD 'EMFRONTLINEHERE NOWPHRASEALWAYS LOVEDRUCLIF IT'S LOVIN' THAT YOU WANTRIHANNA FT COREY GUNZSTARES & WHISPERS 05WEAPON X & KEN HELL FT RENEE GEYERCAN YOU BELIEVE ITSTYLES P feat AKONBEST FRIEND50 CENT feat OLIVIAWHAT YOU KNOWTITHE HARD ROADHILLTOP HOODSWHAT IT TAKESRUCLMY OH MYFIGGKIDDOTHERMANWEAPON X & KEN HELLIT'S ABOUT TO BLOWD.J. PERILRAISE YOUR HANDS UPRUCLSNEAKER PIMPIN' AIN'T EASYWEAPON X & KEN HELLROUGH DAYPAULINISUBURBIA STREETSFAST CREWUP AND DO YOUR THINGJADE MACRAEI GOTTA KNOWFIGGKIDDLEAN WIT IT, ROCK WIT ITDEM FRANCHISE BOYSWELCOME TO DETROITTRICK-TRICK feat EMINEMI'M N LUVT-PAINGEORGIALUDACRIS FT JAMIE FOXXCLUB XK1CLOWN PRINCEHILLTOP HOODSGO GRAZY (REMIX)YOUNG JEEZYHAVE A PARTYMOBB DEEP FT 50 CENT/NATE dOGGWILLIE BOUNCEELEPHANT MANSO LONELYTWISTA feat MARIAH CAREYANOTHER GAL BITES DA DUSTJAH WAGGIEGET LIFTEDJOHN LEGENDSUBURBIA STREETS (Magic Radio Edit)FAST CREWMAMACITAPHARRELL feat DADDY YANKEETENDERONIMC MAGIC feat MARCOS HRANDETOP 5 (DEAD OR ALIVE)JINGIT ITYING YANG TWINSI DO BELIEVEFEELSTYLESTEP YO GAME UPSNOOP DOGGTURN IT UPCHAMILLIONAIRERIDIN'CHAMILLIONAIRETELL ME WHEN TO GOE40SNAP YA FINGAZLIL JON & THE EASTSIDE BOYZTESTIMONYMACK 10GIRLPAUL WALLKRYPTONITEPURPLE RIBBON ALL STARSMY HOODYOUNG JEEZYSEXY LADYMC MAGIC feat DJ KANE

i hate this station so much, that is all.

(this is hiphop, i was banned, will be unbanned on the 16th)

Last edited:

Crestwood's_G

In Elegance
HSC
sexy-cinderella said:
9.61 the edge has ALOT of problems that I am not going to be bothered to type out.

Not obvious but i think it is actually encouraging the continuation of 'lolz im a gangsta' stupid trend lebos and most wogs seem to follow.

I have not heard one hip hop song played, all stupid mainstream bopper songs, and then when a song starts burning up the billboard charts in the US they start playing it ONLY for that reason 'lolz omg its popular in american maybe we should play it lol' (eg T.I - what you know) they have NEVER played a T.I song but all of the sudden 'lolz i love this song' (coz its the top rap song in the US at the moment). And i hardly heard ANY common but when he was over here they sucked up to him by playing his stuff and now the only song i hear is 'testify' (prob coz of the 'rilly rilly funny sample lolz')

instead of educating the boppers they are lyke 'lolz its ok we'll just reinforce your ignorance just as long as you make us some money' c'mon if your going to claim to be a hip hop station at least show some actual love and respect to the GENRE not just the commodified crap and then throw 1 or 2 songs in there to 'satisfy the boppers'....96.1's idea of 'old school' is just replaying grand master flash 'the message' 10000 times. No krs, no kool g rap, no big daddy kane, NOTHING.

and now they started playing 'crazy' by gnarles barkely, even though its been out for ages, why is it a coincedence that they only started playing it because it was burning up the charts in the UK after it was out for a long time before that.

I suspect that the edge are just a bunch of fickle boppers looking at what is hot in other countries and then playing that, and throwing some pathetic crap from aus to ruin the image of aus hip hop too (wtf @ 'black fellas' that abo rap song 'all the garagis, all the markis, all the namajis' fucking ok reconciliation wow doesnt mean we need to like ur stupid crap, and why the hell does he refer to himself as a 'brother')

this is there top 100 played:

TOUCH THE SKYKANYE WEST FT LUPE FIASCOSO SICKNE YOTHERE IT GO (THE WHISTLE SONG)JULEZ SANTANAUNPREDICTABLEJAMIE FOXX FT LUDACRISGRILLZNELLYBEEPPUSSYCAT DOLLSNASTY GIRLTHE NOTORIOUS B.I.G. FT DIDDY, NELLY, JAGGED EDGEONE WISHRAY JSHAKE THATEMINEM feat NATE DOGGS.O.S.RIHANNAYO (EXCUSE ME MISS)CHRIS BROWNSTAY FLYTHREE 6 MAFIAGET YOUR NUMBERMARIAH CAREYBACK LIKE THATGHOSTFACEBE WITHOUT YOUMARY J BLIGESHAKE (REMIX)YING YANG TWINSLIKE YOU (REMIX)BOW WOW FT CIARADEFINITIONRESIN DOGSYOUR BODYPRETTY RICKYGET UP OUTTA THE DIRTBUTTERFINGERSROMPEDADDY YANKEEBLACK SWEATPRINCECONTROL MYSELFLL COOL J FT JENNIFER LOPEZTHEN TIL NOWBLISS N ESOCAUSE AN EFFECTN'FASAY ICHRISTINA MILIANCRAZYGNARLS BARKLEYBEAUTIFULDAMIEN JR GONG MARLEYPUT EM IN THEIR PLACEMOBB DEEPRUN IT (SO SO DEF REMIX)CHRIS BROWN FT BOW WOW + JERMAINE DUPRII'M SPRUNGT-PAINTHEY DON'T KNOWSAVAGEI'M SPRUNG (REMIX)T-PAINBELIEVE MEFORT MINORHUSTLER'S AMBITION50 CENTSHOW ME WHAT YOU WORKIN' WITHBLAK GENIUSIN FRONT OF METZUMY HUMPSBLACK EYED PEASMOONSHINESAVAGE FEAT AKONSTICKWITUPUSSYCAT DOLLSCHECK ON ITBEYONCE FT SLIM THUGPUMP ITBLACK EYED PEASCAN I HAVE IT LIKE THATPHARRELL WILLIAMS FT GWEN STEFANIREAL SOONSNOOP DOGG AND THE DOGGY STYLE CREWGASOLINA (REMIX)DADDY YANKEE FT LIL JOHN PITTBULLGOLD DIGGERKANYE WESTWE ARE BURNIN'SEAN PAULWINDOW SHOPPER50 CENTTESTIFYCOMMONDONT FORGET ABOUT US (REMIX)MARIAH CAREY FT JUELZ SANTANA & BONE THUGS-N-HARMOLUXURIOUS (REMIX)GWEN STEFANI FT SLIM THUGPON DE REPLAY (ALBUM REMIX)RIHANNAMJB DA MVPMARY J BLIGE feat THE GAMELEB INDUSTRY VOLUME ONEM.I.B.SHOW ME WHAT YOU WORKIN' WITH (REMIXBLAK GENIUSBLACKFELLASLOCAL KNOWLEDGEHEARD 'EM SAYKANYE WEST FT ADAM LEVINE (MAROON 5)TOUCH ITBUSTA RHYMESDANCE WITH MECHITACROSSING THE TRACKSBROTHABLACKWE BELONG TOGETHER (REMIX)MARIAH CAREYCATCH PHRASEPHRASECRY AGAINDEI HAMO FT TIM FINNGET DOWNBREEDIF IT'S LOVING THAT YOU WANTRIHANNARECAPTURING THE VIBEHILLTOP HOODSFAIRYTALE MASTER [EDIT]FIGGKIDDHOLD 'EMFRONTLINEHERE NOWPHRASEALWAYS LOVEDRUCLIF IT'S LOVIN' THAT YOU WANTRIHANNA FT COREY GUNZSTARES & WHISPERS 05WEAPON X & KEN HELL FT RENEE GEYERCAN YOU BELIEVE ITSTYLES P feat AKONBEST FRIEND50 CENT feat OLIVIAWHAT YOU KNOWTITHE HARD ROADHILLTOP HOODSWHAT IT TAKESRUCLMY OH MYFIGGKIDDOTHERMANWEAPON X & KEN HELLIT'S ABOUT TO BLOWD.J. PERILRAISE YOUR HANDS UPRUCLSNEAKER PIMPIN' AIN'T EASYWEAPON X & KEN HELLROUGH DAYPAULINISUBURBIA STREETSFAST CREWUP AND DO YOUR THINGJADE MACRAEI GOTTA KNOWFIGGKIDDLEAN WIT IT, ROCK WIT ITDEM FRANCHISE BOYSWELCOME TO DETROITTRICK-TRICK feat EMINEMI'M N LUVT-PAINGEORGIALUDACRIS FT JAMIE FOXXCLUB XK1CLOWN PRINCEHILLTOP HOODSGO GRAZY (REMIX)YOUNG JEEZYHAVE A PARTYMOBB DEEP FT 50 CENT/NATE dOGGWILLIE BOUNCEELEPHANT MANSO LONELYTWISTA feat MARIAH CAREYANOTHER GAL BITES DA DUSTJAH WAGGIEGET LIFTEDJOHN LEGENDSUBURBIA STREETS (Magic Radio Edit)FAST CREWMAMACITAPHARRELL feat DADDY YANKEETENDERONIMC MAGIC feat MARCOS HRANDETOP 5 (DEAD OR ALIVE)JINGIT ITYING YANG TWINSI DO BELIEVEFEELSTYLESTEP YO GAME UPSNOOP DOGGTURN IT UPCHAMILLIONAIRERIDIN'CHAMILLIONAIRETELL ME WHEN TO GOE40SNAP YA FINGAZLIL JON & THE EASTSIDE BOYZTESTIMONYMACK 10GIRLPAUL WALLKRYPTONITEPURPLE RIBBON ALL STARSMY HOODYOUNG JEEZYSEXY LADYMC MAGIC feat DJ KANE

i hate this station so much, that is all.

(this is hiphop, i was banned, will be unbanned on the 16th)

the message is one of the best hiphop songs, if not the best ever, but i agree...they say 'old school mix' than they play "mo money, mo problems" wow 1995 or 96 is old school??? WTF

krs-one, biz markie, big daddy kane, kool g rap, kool moe dee, LL cool J etc. are old school

yeah i heard that they played common - testify...probably because of kanye west "teaming up" with common on "be"...

its sooo fucking gay...they see that an american song is on the charts so they play that song...3 years later they are still playing "pimpin all over the world" by ludacris...

they aint know shit about hiphop...they were giving GZA tickets away to wogs whos fave artist is probably 2pac or 50 cent and think wu-tang clan is clothes they bought from Parklea Markets...(before it got raided haha shifty asians)

i want some teenyboppers to post in this thread saying "96.1 is the best" so i can abuse them...

also i hate rnb but...they play ciara...that aint rnb...wow she has the rhythm bit with the beats...but there is no blues in it...their definition of rnb is black pop

Crestwood's_G

In Elegance
HSC
i went to look at what they are playing in their top 100:

REAL SOON - SNOOP DOGG AND THE DOGGSTYLE CREW

LMAO i think they mean DPG haha...they play "NZ hiphop" where the rappers think they are american LMAO...most people think nasty girl by BIG is new yet the verses are from nasty boy...dumbarses...at least they are playing some hilltop hoods..

their names the edge??? i think they should jump off one..

"dont push me cause im close to the edge/
im trying not to lose my head"

Last edited:
HSC
Crestwood's_G said:
does 96.1 actually play hiphop...because i have yet to hear any real hiphop songs...wait i heard eric b and rakim - paid in full and the coup ft. talib kweli - my favourite mutiny...that was all....

so this is the official fuck 96.1...put on triple J thread (because JJJ actually plays some real hiphop...not bow wow ("mr i am better than will smith")
haha. :uhhuh: fuck 96.1

katy-g

HSC
I stopped listening when they went purely hip hop and r&b.

They sold out man.

HSC
katy-g said:
I stopped listening when they went purely hip hop and r&b.

They sold out man.
tell me about it, how much more did it rock when they had urban and house music. and before that they had a lot of club music, it was like an alternative to wild fm

A2RAYA

You've done us proud boys
HSC
i cant believe noone's mentioned the fucken ads that get repeated in the same order everytime...that shits me more than the music

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)