• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Official Macquarie Uni 2004 Student List (1 Viewer)

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
I have a theory on Cannon Fodder. The more Cannon Fodder, the better my chances. ;):p:p

Toby

hmm..
Originally posted by -=MLhtʻ=-
wow...1st yr actuaries will be doing econ110 with 2nd yr actuaries this yr...sweet ^^
really? how come?
I don't wanna become cannon fodder :)

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
Originally posted by Toby
really? how come?
I don't wanna become cannon fodder :)
because accg100 and 101 have been taken off the recommended program. they do accg105 instead in 2nd sem. this gives room for econ110 in sem1.

ND

HSC
Damn, we're gonna get owned by people that already know you have to study for uni ...

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Don't worry. If you study, you'll do fine. It's the art of half-cramming which needs to be mastered, quickly; especially when forgetfulness quickly settles in.

Toby

hmm..
Originally posted by ND
Damn, we're gonna get owned by people that already know you have to study for uni ...
Haha true that, albeit eco's my best subject, I'm gonna get owned at everything else (specially maths) :)

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
If you work 10-times harder than everyone else, it should be alright, even if they're all your worse subjects. But then, that's impossible. :p

woog

Howdy. I just wanted to let flyin' know that if you are enrolled in B-acst/ B - sc (math) , then you also already enrolled in the advanced math degree as well.

Btw math235 rocks. Hope u have a blast if u haven't already. Also try to get enrolled in math234 or 334 if u are interested in the advanced math side of things.

Cheers

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
It's unfortunate that even though I'm enrolled in Adv Maths, I won't be able to do MATH233 (334), during my four years (clashes, clashes and more clashes)... so I won't be able to leave in four years with Adv Maths as opposed to normal Maths.

Toby

hmm..
Originally posted by woog

Also try to get enrolled in math234 or 334 if u are interested in the advanced math side of things.

Cheers
:eek: :eek: :eek:
that's suicidal!
People who like maths are... are...

not normal!

woog

Fair enough.
The math department regards the math portion of the double as an Advanced degree regardless of whether or not you do 233 or 334. Apparently most people don't realize that, and i had to get confirmation meself from them.

I had the same problem with clashes too. So I'm ditching 400 level acst subjects for later.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
But that would mean more then four years. And for the word Advanced, I don't think I'm willing to spend half-a-year.

woog

I mean you are already in an Advanced degree. Regardless of whether you do the extra subjects or not you will still get the "word".

Lauren333

Hi all!

I am doing Arts/Law! I couldnt be bothered finding the course codes but these are the subjects im doing

1st Semester:

Media
Anthropology
Politics
Law

2nd Semester

Media
Cultural studies
Law
Politics

Maybe ill see some of you on Wednesday!

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by woog
I mean you are already in an Advanced degree. Regardless of whether you do the extra subjects or not you will still get the "word".
Are you sure? Because I checked the required units for the word "Advanced" and the one unit I'm missing is MATH334... I'll check with the Dept, maybe they changed it =p

woog

Originally posted by flyin'
Are you sure? Because I checked the required units for the word "Advanced" and the one unit I'm missing is MATH334... I'll check with the Dept, maybe they changed it =p
Yeh I checked with the department, specifically Ross Street. He told me that we are meant to graduate with an Advanced degree.
That is all i have to work on really so perhaps it IS better for you to check on it yourself just to be certain. Let me know how u go.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)