Official school rankings...sooooo?!?!?!?!? (1 Viewer)

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
banana_monkey said:
Oooooooh, I took a lovley screen shot of mine. Focusu doesn't allow imbedded images, but just follow the link.

http://www.focusu.com/gallery/showpic.php?aid=1005&pid=13484&uuid=299

Happy to say, they match my report :)
Now, if only my parents would dole out the cash
ha ha ha, your name is Tim Power! Nice name buddy. You know you're going places with a name like that.

nice ranks to, well done.

As for "Princeton", I've narrowed his schooling possibilities down to 10 schools. If you're interested Seremify, you can pm me.

RyddeckerSMP

Go The Knights!
HSC
fleepbasding said:
ha ha ha, your name is Tim Power! Nice name buddy. You know you're going places with a name like that.

nice ranks to, well done.

As for "Princeton", I've narrowed his schooling possibilities down to 10 schools. If you're interested Seremify, you can pm me.
I've narrowed it down to 9..... he doesn't go to Baulko.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
So far, Assuming what he has posted is true;

Judging by the number of ppl doing English Adv, I'd say there's 153 people in the grade because in the top10, I'd imagine English Adv is compulsory.

As for which schools are top 10, based on (Daily Telegraph) they are;
Daily Telegraph said:
James Ruse Agricultural HS
North Sydney Girls HS
Sydney Girls HS
Hornsby Girls HS
Baulkham Hills HS
North Sydney Boys HS
Moriah College
Sydney Grammar
Malek Fahd
Ascham School
According to SMH however they are,

SMH said:
1. James Ruse Agricultural High School
2. North Sydney Girls High School
3. Baulkham Hills High School
4. Sydney Girls High School
5. Sydney Grammar School
6. North Sydney Boys High School
7. Sydney Boys High School
8. Pymble Ladies' College
9. Moriah College
10. Barker College
Either way, we don't know which list that person used to claim their school is Top10 but combining the lists we get (and subtracting Baulko);

JR, NSG, SG, HG, NSB, Moriah, Syd Grammar, Malek Fahd, Ascham School, Sydney Boys, PLC, Moriah College, Barker College

Judging by the fact that Princeton is a Male; that only leaves the co-ed and the single (NB. I'm not sure what Malek/Ascham/Moriah are in terms of gender)

JR, NSB, Moriah, Syd Grammar, Sydney Boys, Moriah College, Malek Fahd, Ascham School

After this, I'm not quite sure until I ask some friends about how many ppl they have in their grade- and to be honest, I'm a bit lazy to do that.

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
I’ve figured out what school priceton goes to. One of my main methods was checking the achievement of French continuers students, because I figured if 28 students at princetons school do it, they’d have to be pretty good at it.

james ruse- no french continuers band 6's

Ascham- NO- all girls

Malekh fad- NO- not enough students

North Sydney Girls High School – NO (girls)

Sydney Girls High School – NO- (girls)

Hornsby Girls High School – NO- (girls)

Baulkham Hills High School – NO- (info from bored users)

North Sydney boys- uncertain, but NO, not enough French achievers

SYDNEY BOYS- uncertain, but NO, not enough French achievers

Moriah college- NO- only 137 students for 2004.

Sydney Grammer School- YES, DEFINITELY- French achievers (13 students achieved band 6 for French continuers last year. Sydney grammer is big on French)

So there we have it, we can be reasonably sure that princeton is a Sydney Grammer School student. That's if the ranks he posted were truly his, and untampered.

Last edited:

the_pun

HSC
fleepbasding said:
I’ve figured out what school priceton goes to. One of my main methods was checking the achievement of French continuers students, because I figured if 28 students at princetons school do it, they’d have to be pretty good at it.

james ruse- no french continuers band 6's

Ascham- NO- all girls

Malekh fad- NO- not enough students

North Sydney Girls High School – NO (girls)

Sydney Girls High School – NO- (girls)

Hornsby Girls High School – NO- (girls)

Baulkham Hills High School – NO- (info from bored users)

North Sydney boys- uncertain, but NO, not enough French achievers

SYDNEY BOYS- uncertain, but NO, not enough French achievers

Moriah college- NO- only 137 students for 2004.

Sydney Grammer School- YES, DEFINITELY- French achievers (13 students achieved band 6 for French continuers last year. Sydney grammer is big on French)

So there we have it, we can be reasonably sure that princeton is a Sydney Grammer School student. That's if the ranks he posted were truly his, and untampered.
yeah mate sounds pretty right to me if he's telling the truth...compare to these rankings of laurence field (who went to sydney grammar) last yr (i was reading this post the other day - similar amount of people doing eng adv, xt, maths ext,...) - http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=52495&page=15&pp=15&highlight=Laurie+assessment - Post #221

Captain pi

HSC
15050 Chemistry 2 5 / 36
15140 English (Advanced) 2 7 / 53
15300 Music 2 2 1 / 5
15310 Music Extension 1 2 / 4
15370 Studies of Religion I 1 32 / 165
25030 Philosophy - Distinction Course 2 Not Assessable

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Although I wonder why he signed up on BoS just to post his ranks =P

Anyhow.. let's see if we can figure out who he is :p

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
seremify007 said:
Although I wonder why he signed up on BoS just to post his ranks =P

Anyhow.. let's see if we can figure out who he is :p
I emailed my Syd Grammar friend;

D said:
No one topped them all

eng adv was topped by one person, this person also scored highly in ext 1 maths but i dont believe he topped.
ext two was topped by another
french extension and continuers were topped by another person

whoever it was that told u that is pulling ur strings buddy
EDIT:

Another email
actually don't bother. allow me to explain why this person is not from grammar, and hence why i'm so perplexed that you've all *whoever u all may be* have managed to deduce that he is infact a grammar boy.

firstly, for extension 1 and 2, grammar believe it or not, actually has more candidates. we have i beleive four classes of ext 2 maths for example. each class being of around 15-18 students is beyond the candidature posted. brian leung topped the trials for extension two posting 129/130, or something ridiculous like that.

in addition with regards to english, both advanced and extension.
firstly with advanced, once again our candidature was much more...
impressive to say the least =p. the person who topped this subject happened to be daniel wong, our dux and a close friend of mine. daniel wong does not in fact do french, and did not top ext 1 maths or english or ext two maths. with regards to the extension 1 english, i know as a fact that during the trials we sat the exam in a candidature of 69 students, 5 separate classes. the person who topped this subject was tim gootbrennan. he does not do french, more of a history and humanitarian person.

moreover, the person who topped french continuers and extension in grammar was ryan doherty. notice not any of the already mentioned names. although extremely bright, ryan does not in fact do four unit maths.

finally, i'd also like to mention that the MINIMUM requirement for a grammar student to do is in fact 12 units, this is due to reasons of a broader education as well as for a safety net in case one subject doesnt go as planned. ONLY students who are having trouble coping with this workload are able to apply to do 11 or even 10 units. The results u emailed me before do not indicate a weak student but show a marvellous set of results for 10 units.

for the reasons above, i'm lead to believe that this person is either a fraud or from another school. either way, i believe we can definitely conclude he is not a student of sydney grammar school 2005.
And another friend;

no nope sorry, different people topped those
So- I'd say; definitely not from Syd Grammar- just as an additional note, the Syd Grammar dux (Daniel Wong) was top 3 in both Ext1/Ext2 maths, 1st in adv eng, 1st in chem, 1st in 2/3 Latin.. but didn't rank so well in English Ext1.

Last edited:

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
seremify007 said:
I emailed my Syd Grammar friend;

EDIT:

Another email

And another friend;

So- I'd say; definitely not from Syd Grammar- just as an additional note, the Syd Grammar dux (Daniel Wong) was top 3 in both Ext1/Ext2 maths, 1st in adv eng, 1st in chem, 1st in 2/3 Latin.. but didn't rank so well in English Ext1.
Damn! My reasoning was so flawless... I reckon he's a hoax then.

EDIT- but, if he is for real, then I consider the following the only remaining possibilities (they are uncertain):

North Sydney boys

Sydney Boys

*begins to eliminate these options to prove once and for all that princeton is a hoax, or doesn't indeed attend a top-ten school*

EDIT- Sydney Boys Highschool has been elminated-

SBHS-
153- ext 1 mathematics students for 2004
117 ext 2 maths students for 2004

Compared to Princetons…

113- ext 1 maths students this year
51- ext 2 maths students this year

Unless if SBHS had a major slash on the math departments budget this year, Princeton doesn’t go to Sydney Boys Highschool… also, not enough French! Only 4 french continuers candidates in 2004.

Last edited:

bridgett

betty's bitch
HSC
im confused i cant get into mine ... its the thing we got in the mail with the peel off tab for the pin right ? and the number we wrote on th exams for the student number ?

stainmepink

HSC
Captain pi said:
15050 Chemistry 2 5 / 36
15140 English (Advanced) 2 7 / 53
15300 Music 2 2 1 / 5
15310 Music Extension 1 2 / 4
15370 Studies of Religion I 1 32 / 165
25030 Philosophy - Distinction Course 2 Not Assessable
congradulations you big son of a bitch :)

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
I love that internal assessment rankings count for a decent amount 'cause mine are going to save my ass where I did dumb shit in the exams - e.g. 3 - 1 = 4 (yes I did this... and it will have cost me 2 marks in ext 1 :D)

Course Name Units Rank Order Outside School
15050 Chemistry 2 3 / 72
15140 English (Advanced) 2 10 / 160
15160 English Extension 1 1 18 / 49
15250 Mathematics Extension 1 2 2 / 83
15260 Mathematics Extension 2 2 1 / 49
15330 Physics 2 1 / 67

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
bridgett said:
im confused i cant get into mine ... its the thing we got in the mail with the peel off tab for the pin right ? and the number we wrote on th exams for the student number ?
Nah different PIN to that one.

The PIN to access results is the one which came in the envelope which also had details on how to SMS to sign up for results. It's not covered with anything- it just says your PIN is...

banana_monkey

Better than you
HSC
I'm pretty sure they do that AFTER your UAI and results come back. I can tell you number 1 will be James Ruse. There should be a big long list in the paper with each schools position, and I think school's get sent their position in the state.

sam_account

HSC
wat if u came equal 1st, how would u know?

would it be like :

english - " = 1st" OR WHAT??

a8o

HSC
I was equal in a couple of subjects and didnt know until I talked to some other people and discovered that, yes, they received the same rank as I did.

starbaaa

Untalkative Member
HSC
I'm equal second in maths, with one of my friends. We're both happy with that. I thought she was beating me, she thought I was beating her.

rusty_rouge

HSC
15030 Biology 2 / 43
15140 English (Advanced) 1 / 108
15160 English Extension 1 1 / 11
15240 Mathematics 4 / 58
15270 Modern History 1 / 37
15300 Music 2 1 / 2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)