• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Official Summer Siesta 2007/8 Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Iheartpaulfrank said:
But I don't know what to pick as my elective for 2nd semester. Decisions, decisions...
You could do geopolitics.

No, seriously, don't.

thenothing

no member
HSC
Noooo, don't touch chemistry, it's awful :(

Neb, how long does it take you to travel to uni from Macarthur?

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
I go from Campbelltown and it takes me about 50 minutes or so on a non-peak train. Quicker in peak hour.

HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
You could do a chemistry related course perhaps IHPF?
Ah no thanks. I'm leaning towards the Economics and Business side of things. I just enrolled in Australian Politics for now. Yeah Geopolitics looked shit.

EDIT: Oh Neb wait... what would you recommend me from chem? I'm open to new ideas.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Well there's not much choice in first year. You do both core units . Second semester is way better than first semester. I guess you'd pick either fundamentals (easiest), normal chem or advanced chem depending on how good you are. I think there's pharmalogical chemistry or some crap like that but I dunno if us Joe Blog's can enrol in those.

HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
Well there's not much choice in first year. You do both core units . Second semester is way better than first semester. I guess you'd pick either fundamentals (easiest), normal chem or advanced chem depending on how good you are. I think there's pharmalogical chemistry or some crap like that but I dunno if us Joe Blog's can enrol in those.
Hmmm. It's not mathsy right? Does it resemble HSC Chem in any way?

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
goddammit, timetabling changed again and i'm left with 3 clashes in what looks like my 3 hardest subjects. 2 lecture clashes i can live with, but there's a tute clash that's really got me considering varying my enrollment.

Should i wait it out a bit more, vary now or what?

HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
Yeah there's a bit of maths involved. It's not mathsy but you do a fair bit of maths.
Sorry Neb, chem ain't gonna do it for me. I want to stay far away from maths as I can. I shall see you in phil next year, eh?

HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
lol. mebbe. Some of those senior philosophy courses look pretty darn interesting.
...and all of them are in 1st semester! What is up with that?

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
I can't remember, but I thought there was a good spread of subjects in both semesters. Can't say the same about English though. :vcross:

HSC
The ones I found decent are only offered in 1st semester! Maybe the only one that attracted me in 2nd sem was Philosophy and Psychoanalysis.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Just got my new student card. Awesome, now I can make sure the library isn't about to fine me a few grand for the books I got out over summer.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Ooh I haven't gotten mine yet.

It's time to start resetting our body clocks!

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
Haven't got mine either, i suspect they're being mailed this week (i don't see why we couldn't just do it early like last year if we pre-enrolled...but i suppose i don't have to go in and pick it up myself this time)

veridis

droog
HSC
mine came today. as for the library they stopped my old one working about a month and a half ago so i had to keep sending them emails so they didn't fine me. how can they expect me to renew things if they've changed my login without telling me.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Got the registered mail thing today so I'll go to the post office and get it tomorrow. Woo.

HSC
I haven't gotten mine yet. Damnit stupid previous year photo. :(

EDIT: I have mine now. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)