Official UWS Student List 2008 (1 Viewer)

dannobunot

HSC
2008 UWS New Students List !!!

Hey everyone..

Now that the perlim offers are out, and with ther main round of offers soon approaching, I guess its time to start this list of people who have accpeted offers and have offically enroled as new students for 2008 @ UWS!

So if you are enroled at UWS as a new student for this year please post your NAME, COURSE and CAMPUS..so that we can start to get to know each other :)

I'll go first...

Daniel....B Business and Commerce (HR & IR) and B Laws.......Parramatta (Prelim Round Offer)

:D

Last edited:

Llamaland

HSC
Re: 2008 Uws New Student List !!!

Kirsty
B Science (Forensic Science)
Hawkesbury campus

LatK7

HSC

Mitchell
B Computer Science (Advanced)
Penrith Campus

I have a friend joining you this year Kirsty :)

L

LaraB

Re: 2008 UWS New Students List !!!

dannobunot said:
Daniel....B Business and Commerce (HR & IR) and B Laws.......Parramatta (Prelim Round Offer)

:D
You're doing (newly named version of) the course I'm doing :) Although i technically am not doing the business part anymore since i finished it in 07.

How'd you get a Prelim Round Offer? Did you get scholarships or some other sort of scheme?

dannobunot

HSC

LaraB said:
You're doing (newly named version of) the course I'm doing :) Although i technically am not doing the business part anymore since i finished it in 07.

How'd you get a Prelim Round Offer? Did you get scholarships or some other sort of scheme?
Hey Lara..Awesome..so if I ever run into trouble or need some mentoring I now know where to go :D

With the early offer...UWS sent me a letter saying that if I put UWS as my first preference by the Prelim Round closing date (I would be able to change my prefs for the main round if I so wished)..that they would give me an offer in the prelim round...so that is what I did..and I got the offer... I dont know why they sent me the letter exactly...earlier I had sent in a form that would protect me from any cut-off rises..and I got letter back stating that if i met the 2007 cut-off then I would be accepted...so yeh maybe is was from that..not too sure though.

So are you part of the UWSLSA?..it looks really exciting

Jakespikey

HSC

It's because you applied for the tripple advantage scheme or whatever they call it. I got the letter too but chose not to change my preferences for it as its around the middle of my preferences and I didn't want to forget to change my preferences back to the proper order for the main round.

Sloth -

HSC

Bachelor of Financial Advising
Paramatta Campus

L

LaraB

dannobunot said:
Hey Lara..Awesome..so if I ever run into trouble or need some mentoring I now know where to go :D

With the early offer...UWS sent me a letter saying that if I put UWS as my first preference by the Prelim Round closing date (I would be able to change my prefs for the main round if I so wished)..that they would give me an offer in the prelim round...so that is what I did..and I got the offer... I dont know why they sent me the letter exactly...earlier I had sent in a form that would protect me from any cut-off rises..and I got letter back stating that if i met the 2007 cut-off then I would be accepted...so yeh maybe is was from that..not too sure though.

So are you part of the UWSLSA?..it looks really exciting
That's pretty cool - didn't realise UWS did that - i thought they only gave early offers to scholarship recipients and people on those special programs and that kind of thing/

Must be a relief knowing early though - i know it was for me :)

Nah i'm not 'part' of the UWSLSA - all law students are members so in that sense i am, but i'm not actually involved in any committees or anything. I much prefer expending time and effort with other uni groups - eg i'm on the student committee for the UWS Pro Bono Students Association. I personally find that kind of thing more interesting/valuable :)

dannobunot

HSC

LaraB said:
That's pretty cool - didn't realise UWS did that - i thought they only gave early offers to scholarship recipients and people on those special programs and that kind of thing/

Must be a relief knowing early though - i know it was for me :)

Nah i'm not 'part' of the UWSLSA - all law students are members so in that sense i am, but i'm not actually involved in any committees or anything. I much prefer expending time and effort with other uni groups - eg i'm on the student committee for the UWS Pro Bono Students Association. I personally find that kind of thing more interesting/valuable :)
Oh ok...sounds interesting..can't wait to get there and check all the associations out..the Pro Bono one sounds very rewarding..:)

kennychan222

HSC

Early offer scheme is only for some applied HSC students, defered and selection other than normal qualifications only . It's sound good for all students. But we are still waiting for main round.

ShaneRichards13

HSC
Shane:

B arts (psychology) Penrith campus, oooohhhhhhhh yeeeaaahhh!!!!!
I hated the waiting it sucked bad, but i'll have to wait till tomorrow to enrol.

Ads54

HSC
I am really glad that I got my first preference which was....

Bachelor of Biomolecular Science at UWS campbelltown campus

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)