Officially Finished Project (1 Viewer)

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
a8o said:
20/20 project + 5/5 bibliography + 5/5 synopsis + 10/10 logbook.

24/25 Kennedy trial exam.
25/25 "What is history?"

The course gets a lot easier once the project's gone and I think I deserved my project marks, but was elated when I got my exam marks back.

How many schools would still be doing the project I wonder?
well done doll. i agree --> it is a big relief when you get your exam marks back, almost more so than the major work. at least you have some idea of how you'll go with the project, having had it so long and gone over so many times before you hand it in, but exams are often more "up in the air" - more difficult to gauge how well you've done against others.

niteshade1312

HSC
i just hate waiting for anything. What bothers me about ext is that we DO only have 2 assessments and if you stuff either of them (which im hoping i didnt) you have kinda stuffed the course... im scaring myself now

Sphyx

Asphyxiated
HSC
Got mine back today. 39/40...24/25 for the essay - conclusion was le shite, full marks for every other component.

I'm over the moon, I did an alnight night before and was sooo close to giving up.
I did so much reading and research the previous weeks, but started writing too late, and changed the question and re-writing the essay 12 hours before it was due - so for all those last-minute people, it can be done! But my advice - don't do it. I write better under pressure, but not so much that the clock is ticking down the hours.

I'm stoked!!!

Last edited:

banana_custard

HSC
Yeah, I had an all-nighter pretty much as well. But I shed so much blood, sweat and tears over it, I found it difficult to let go of the thing when I had to hand it in ;)

bonniejjj

HSC
Hey everyone :) My teacher just emailed me my results-

Essay components & Synopsis: 27/30
Proposal and final process log: 9/10
= 90%

Yay i'm happy. The main problem was that "Footnotes require full publication details the first time sources are sighted."... didn't do that.
my total mark is now 40/45, rank=2nd
Now all thats left is the trial results (I got the best mark in the unweighted half-yearlys, so hopefully *fingers crossed*)

CLRNCE

HSC
hey hey hey

yay i know how you feel! i handed mine in last day of term 2 and i was relieved as all hell!! greatest feeling in the world! and it is so true that most people dont touch them till the last few weeks! i know thats what i did! i started about 3 weeks before it was due and only did the final draft the day before it was due! and i got 37/40 for it too!!
hope you are all enjoying ex his cause i know that i am!

jdrockefeller

HSC
Got mine back today.

Essay: 27/30
Proposal: 10/10

All up, fairly happy. The mark could've been higher, I was hoping for 100%, but I don't think my teacher has ever given out 30/30, but he did write very complimentary notes, so I have to be happy with my mark.

It was first in the class and is being sent to Sydney to be entered into the competition. I'm just happy that I didn't come last in the class cos I didn't start writing it until two days before it was due and had huge trouble finding sources.

Just glad it's all over.

bind

whoa good luck getting it done!

hehe my ancient class had parties all the time in our doubles..themed dress up ones too. hehe twas good

ooh i got my essay back last week..got 16/20 which i am pretty happy with. my goal was 75%+ so yay i reached that. this mark was pretty good for me since i write well, its just that my analytical work is often lacking. whoops. hehe oh well. but i really enjoying doing this. all the research was interesting and i'd love to keep learning about this area of history..for anyone who wants to know my questions was...

Evaluate how effective the attempts made by Mohandas K. (Mahatma) Gandhi and Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar have been in putting an end to Untouchability in India and explain how their attempts were different to the major previous efforts since 1858.

bloop. byeeeeeeeee and well done everyone :)

MeLT87

!!!!!
HSC
well done... i handed mine in last week and got it back on wednesday....
for the essay itself i got 22/25 and overall including the proposal, bibliography and logbook i got 31/35 so you have to be happy with that! If i had of worked on it throughout the year i'm sure i would have done better however i began my project at 5pm on the night before it was due and finished at 4am the day it was due!
Recommendation to every1... don't do that!
My question was:
With reference to the Jerilderie letter, to what extent was Ned Kelly responsible for the creation of the debate over his status in Australian history?

*Ya_So_CuTe*

HSC
Hip Hip Hooray 4 Fellow Ext History Students!

yeh, tis such a HUGE relief! Mine was on the social and political impact of the Petrov Affair. Got my results back today and i got 39/40! I was stoked :)

freaked!

OMG finally handed it in last week and now i don't know what to do with myself...i feel like i should be working on my project all the time but its done! Pulled an all nighter...just couldn't leave the log alone!
well now its time to hit the books for real i guess

X

xeuyrawp

amoz_lilo said:
Ok I handed mine in, and it's been double-marked...
Yay! One of the '5 quality assurance steps' of the BOS marking system! Hoorah. *kills self after watching BOS propaganda*

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
who cares wen u have to hand it in

i hadn;t even started mine after some of my mates from other schools had to have already handed theirs in.
history extn is a month before job maximum, depending on how much research u needed to do

well done for finishing, ,post some of your submissions up here, i wouldn't mind reading some

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)