Oh GOD.. I think I totally did the wrong thing for Q25 can anyone check? (2 Viewers)

sghguos

HSC
N/A
Oh GOD.. I think I totally did the wrong thing for Q25 can anyone check?

The question about the global economy impacts on the effects of the BOGS or something.

What I talked about was:

How global economies around the world when investing into Australia leads to an increase in the capital and financial account and therefore results in a CAD. And then I just basically analysed the CAD and external stabiility (foreign debt, servicing costs etc....) and I made only "limited" references back to the global economy which I think are wrong as well (global investment confidence, global investment into Australia) thats it! I did not talk about global stuff about (tradeflows, tnc's, migration, communication).

Simply speaking I analysed the BOGS and especially the CAD. And when into deep detail of "EXCHANGE RATES!" OMFG with minimal talk about the global economy shit.

I wrote 5 pages and I analysed it though.

Is this the way your meant to answer the question??????

Do you think I can still get a 15/20 for the essay?

sghguos

HSC
N/A
If anyone can read my long post and shed some light I will be so so so so so grateful.

p3rf3ction

HSC
lol wtf, we did the samething for both essays, were geniuses. Nah but, what i did was just gave theortical examples of changes in the global economy and applied it to the BOP. Your safe man, dw. Its not like an essay has to answer every possible thing in the question, its too broad.

Timothy6340

HSC
Oh GOD.. I think I totally did the wrong thing for Q25 can anyone check?

The question about the global economy impacts on the effects of the BOGS or something.

What I talked about was:

How global economies around the world when investing into Australia leads to an increase in the capital and financial account and therefore results in a CAD. And then I just basically analysed the CAD and external stabiility (foreign debt, servicing costs etc....) and I made only "limited" references back to the global economy which I think are wrong as well (global investment confidence, global investment into Australia) thats it! I did not talk about global stuff about (tradeflows, tnc's, migration, communication).

Simply speaking I analysed the BOGS and especially the CAD. And when into deep detail of "EXCHANGE RATES!" OMFG with minimal talk about the global economy shit.

I wrote 5 pages and I analysed it though.

Is this the way your meant to answer the question??????

Do you think I can still get a 15/20 for the essay?
u were mean to talk about the impacts of the global economy on the BOP not the impacts of the balance of payements so i dont think u actually answered the question

georgiee_

HSC
It's over and there's nothing you can do about it now even if you did answer the question wrong. So just relax and focus on your remaining exams. You'll find out when we get our results but it's not the end of the world..

inJust

HSC
I said that changes in trade flows (trade liberalisation) has made our BOGS more succeptible to fluctuations in exchange rates and int. business cycle. Then gave exams such as slowdown in Chinese growth/mining boom etc.
Then I said that changes in financial flows has also affected CAD, such as our high interest rate differential enticing foreign investment rendering us to be a net capital importer as we're more enticing than the euro zone due to the european debt crisis, and low national savings has meant we have to borrow overseas.

Do add to this if I could have improved anything or if I'm wrong.

RishBonjour

HSC
I said that changes in trade flows (trade liberalisation) has made our BOGS more succeptible to fluctuations in exchange rates and int. business cycle. Then gave exams such as slowdown in Chinese growth/mining boom etc.
Then I said that changes in financial flows has also affected CAD, such as our high interest rate differential enticing foreign investment rendering us to be a net capital importer as we're more enticing than the euro zone due to the european debt crisis, and low national savings has meant we have to borrow overseas.

Do add to this if I could have improved anything or if I'm wrong.
thats brilliant. I forgot to mention things like "internationla business cycle" "trade flows" basically everything. so that essay was a complete flop.
didn't even refer to stimulus properly.

But yeah they mark the essays reallyyy harsh considering all the "ohhhhh such a pisss easy test". so you are unlucky (like me) and will not get a good mark for that essay.

I talked about the change in global sentiment with australia though e.g. with the mining boom and everything, Australia is sort of looked at as a "safe haven" (reference to a few articles) and how it allows us to finance our CAD etc. But overall a VERY weak essay from me. fml.

georgiee_

HSC
thats brilliant. I forgot to mention things like "internationla business cycle" "trade flows" basically everything. so that essay was a complete flop.
didn't even refer to stimulus properly.

But yeah they mark the essays reallyyy harsh considering all the "ohhhhh such a pisss easy test". so you are unlucky (like me) and will not get a good mark for that essay.

I talked about the change in global sentiment with australia though e.g. with the mining boom and everything, Australia is sort of looked at as a "safe haven" (reference to a few articles) and how it allows us to finance our CAD etc. But overall a VERY weak essay from me. fml.

Also, the GFC and this could have been used as a reference to the stimulus graph as this timeframe was included on it. And changes such as the commodities boom, i.e. how this helped Australia avoid recession during and post GFC because of China's high reliance on our commodities from thier ineffecient resources in that sector and thier rapid growth. Etc..

georgiee_

HSC
The command word was 'Analyse'. So, if you made a judgement of the impact and talked about relevent changes in the global economy and how they impacted the BOP in a cohesive manner than yes you would be safe.

inJust

HSC
^ Not sure how much of a judgement I made ahaha.

inJust

HSC
But BoS analyse - Identify components and the relationship between them; draw out and relate implications
Apply

georgiee_

HSC
Whoops, sorry. I was thinking of evaluate. But yes, you're right.. the relationship between changes in the global economy and the Australian BOP. It was actually quite a broad question like question 26, which is what I did.

But BoS analyse - Identify components and the relationship between them; draw out and relate implications
Apply

georgiee_

HSC
It sounds like you've answered the question right though, so don't worry about it :) It's up to how harsh they mark it I guess

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)