OH NO my calculator DIED!!!! (1 Viewer)

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
I'm always dropping my brain machine and it died sometime last year. So, I stole someone's calculator and called it my own. Now this one's getting heaps of dents and scratches too :(

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
I have had the same scientific calculator since we were allowed to use them in year 7, still running on its original batteries. If the batteries do eventually die in the HSC then it is fate....and it shall result in a very stress, upset, stupid me.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Kid.@dmin said:
I have had the same scientific calculator since we were allowed to use them in year 7, still running on its original batteries. If the batteries do eventually die in the HSC then it is fate....and it shall result in a very stress, upset, stupid me.
Buy yourself a spare one, stupid. :)

who_loves_maths

I wanna be a nebula too!!
somewhere amidst the nebulaic cloud of your heart
HSC
Riviet said:
Kid.@dmin said:
As Kid.@dmin has said him/herself which you quoted: "...shall results in a very... stupid me."
It wasn't necessary that you paid reminder to the stupidity part again... wasn't very nice now was it?

Anyways, back to the original discussion on calculators... isn't it a shame that it's become such a necessary part of HS life these days?

For the people who don't have one/can't afford one, don't distress yourselves! You still have logarithmic tables (about which a very well-respected teacher of mine used to much reminisce) and slide rules (of which a very well-respected BOSer has been fond of to the extent of using it as his username), etcetera.

Where there's will, there's way ;)

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Riviet said:
Well I could but it is a kind of symbolic having something used in year 7 till year 12...

EDIT: Hey guys its alright I understand that Riviet was only joking hence the smile (he has also made a personal apology and just for the record I can afford a spare but choose not to.

Last edited:

jake2.0

. . .
HSC
Kid.@dmin said:
Well I could but it is a kind of symbolic having something used in year 7 till year 12...
Yeah...and then having it turn off as you sit down for your HSC maths exam. Now thats symbolic:p

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
jake2.0 said:
Yeah...and then having it turn off as you sit down for your HSC maths exam. Now thats symbolic:p
Yep symbolic of my failing and early exit from exam.

bizadfar

HSC
I had a calculator die in a year 10 adv trig exam. I got 10%, the worst thing is, the teacher refused to give me a spare. Stupid bitch. I've learnt from the past, and i have 3 calculator and a bunch of AA batteries and a screw driver if i need.

live.fast

HSC
N/A
wouldn't that look weird, bringing in 3 calculators, a bunch of AA batteries and a screw driver into the exam...

oh and hey, do they allow them graphic calculators anymore?

Cpt obvious

HSC
I use three caculators in my exams it does look weird because they take up alot of room on ur desk but the catch is i dont look as dumb as someone who spends the whole test changing the batteries. plus it makes u look smart which is always a confidence booster.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Just thought after all the drama I might give everyone an update. My calculator lasted throughout the trial exam and is still going strong, the symbol of my mathematic struggle continues to live on. With its original batteries and all.

sinist4

HSC
hey... wouldnt you no when ur calculator's batteries are dieing as the screen tends to fade a lil bit...? or does it just seem fine for one calculation and BAM its gone. :)

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
sinist4 said:
hey... wouldnt you no when ur calculator's batteries are dieing as the screen tends to fade a lil bit...? or does it just seem fine for one calculation and BAM its gone. :)
Nah you know the screen doesn't start up bright anymore and is faded. Hitting it makes things visible so I know the batteries are dying just don't know when they will.

sideshowtim

HSC
Having my calculator die in the middle of an exam is my worst nightmare. Which is why I always take 2 in with me.

HSC
i had mine from year 7 then in year 11 someone stole it ...along with my ruler...

i got one of the new ones and it stoped working like 2weeks later so i put new batteries and they got melted... :mad:

i ended up dropping maths ...so it was all ok...until we had to start using them for buisness.... :(

gamecw

HSC
i had to buy a new calculator yesterday bcoz mine isnt approved anymore..

i dont understand why, but since 2004, my calculator isnt board approved anymore.. and i purchased it in 2003..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)