• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

ok... an obscure one i cant even name ... (1 Viewer)

Lord Ac

Trust me *wink*
HSC
I dont even know what words to type into help here... so let me try to explain...

When you click on start, and then 'go' to accessories or whatver, and then you move your mouse over to accessories and then go to something else .... yo u know!!

WELL! You know how when you move from start to accessories and then to the next thing sometimes you accidently move the mouse over something else for a SECOND (eg. documents). On MOST computers, for that second it keeps the accessories option thing open still, and only moves to documents if you leave the mouse over it for more than 1 second.

THE PROBLEM:

on my computer if you accidenlty for a SPLIY MINUTE FRACTION of a second, go over something other than what you want (acessories) it will open the part for the thing you dont want but accidently went over (documents)...

I know i didnt explain that well, but i dont know how really. ...

ANYHOW:

does anyone know what the hell is going on with this and how do i change it back?

Ac

sunny

meh.
HSC
You mean the Start menu open delay is very short?

Theres various tools to change the time, you can use XP PowerToys from the MS website to change it.

Lord Ac

Trust me *wink*
HSC
its not only start menu ... if i got to any options at the top here ... favourites for example ...

But seriously, this only happened last week ... something musta chnaged???

Ac

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
your harddrive needs to defragmentation done to it, seems like your system is lagging

Lord Ac

Trust me *wink*
HSC
LoL ... the opposite?! Its not lagging, its not delaying for a second when it should :(

Ac

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
i still have the impression that it's lagging
say if you click on something and then your computer attempts to open it but if there is lag and you go over another icon it loads that instead, that's lag

skoe

You should probably defrag your system.

Before i can recommend any good utilities, i need to know what Operating System you are using?

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
sunnys on it

theres a regedit value which sets the menu delay. i set mine to 0, down from 400 ms. makes my computer seem like the beast it really is:p

edit: hit regedit and search up 'menushowdelay' that should give it to u, change the value. restart etc(not sure if u need to restart)

Last edited:

fatmuscle

HSC
seriously
how about don't offer any advice to open up regedit/regedt32 if you know the user is not capable of finding exactly what they're looking for?

using tweaking tools will be a lot safer. u can atleast unchange stuff easily.

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
fatmuscle said:
seriously
how about don't offer any advice to open up regedit/regedt32 if you know the user is not capable of finding exactly what they're looking for?
I didn't realise Lord Ac couldn't use regedit.. I was just trying to help

As far as I'm concerned, thats the only way I know how to fix it(or what it appears to be)

Lord Ac

Trust me *wink*
HSC
Thanks mate, that was the answer. All sexc now ;)

Ac

t-i-m-m-y said:
sunnys on it

theres a regedit value which sets the menu delay. i set mine to 0, down from 400 ms. makes my computer seem like the beast it really is:p

edit: hit regedit and search up 'menushowdelay' that should give it to u, change the value. restart etc(not sure if u need to restart)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)