Ok...so is it just me...?? (1 Viewer)

pretty.in.punk

Totally The Bomb...
HSC
Question: does anyone...ANYONE out there go through idea after idea after idea and constantly change their general theme or concept for their BOW or is it just me and my screwed up schitzophrenic personality?!?!

i go through ideas the way my greek grandmother goes through olive oil and now im confused as all hell over which idea to go for.

i originally wanted to base my BOW on the idea of 'taboo' and the things in which we consider 'taboo' in todays society- this being highly ironic due to the fact that globalisation (or "americanisation" if you will) has left us all unfazed by things in which we previously would have regarded innapropriate and so on...

then i change to this idea which i got because of my new-found appreciation and interest in drawing nudes and the meaning itself of "the nude". i wanted to juxtapose the 'beautiful' and often 'innocent nature' of the nude by having them all highly detailed drawings (possibly charcoal) in the typical 50's pin up girl fashion but all hard-core with tattoos n shit to show change in society's values and time periods

and thennnnnnnnn i have the whole sado-massochisticy thing going on right now where i incorporate all of my weirdish figures with these violently kinky ideas n whatnot....hmmmmmmmmm

ok so your thoughts...:santa:

Spunge12

HSC
It's true, you suck, but alas i have a word to save your arse.
"Evolution".

You can say it is your ideas evolving into new themes untill you find a theme you're happy with. Remember though, this is no more than a scapegoat.

Only a small piece of advice, hurry up and make a decision.

cbadvanced

Air Wick
HSC
Spunge12 said:
It's true, you suck
well that's a little harsh...I wonder what you're making for BOW that's so great...

anyways Evolution seems like a good theme/idea

Spunge12

HSC
cbadvanced said:
well that's a little harsh...I wonder what you're making for BOW that's so great...

anyways Evolution seems like a good theme/idea
I just rule.

It's okay, you can marvel at me.

biggie walls

HSC
I think you should stick with the first one, but incorporate some imagery from the second two ideas..

Just make your work EXTREMELY confronting... nihilistic and what not, as if to say could we possibly become any worse? Because its kinda true, theres not much else thats really taboo these days

maggie bea

HSC
omg. omg. that is the almost xact same idea as mine. which i also change qquite regularily. the nude thing. 50's pin up girl style... omg. i hav bin working on this since grade 9. shit. p.s i think ur just a lil 2 kinky lol

s1mplykat

HSC
never fear.. you aren’t the only person who has failed to keep to one idea.. unfortunately.. my teacher wont let me change my theme unless shes seen enough "RESOLVED" experiments.. resolved experiments being equivalent to 1327109309283902831739108310983190238 works of experiments so yeh.. just stick to the idea that u are most fond of and find that you are great at.. that’s all i can advise really.

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
maggie bea said:
omg. omg. that is the almost xact same idea as mine. which i also change qquite regularily. the nude thing. 50's pin up girl style... omg. i hav bin working on this since grade 9. shit. p.s i think ur just a lil 2 kinky lol
Reminds me of Suicide Girls.

Sweet_Karma

[Sweet_Karma]
HSC
well, i never had a theme to start off with but my teacher told me to just draw and think of a theme later. now nothing makes any sense and im not motivated enough to work on anything, plus she keeps coming up with these random things ive never even imagined focusing on. i thinks its all screwing me over

p.s when an art teacher says "she looks like madonna" about a picture what does that mean exactly, i thought "classical" but i hate classical....

s1mplykat

HSC
i thought that your choice of theme was the basis of the whole BOW that u'll be submitting in for your HSC major?

i hate it when teachers give you a bunch of their own ideas and start to mould your work into their own.. nevertheless its all up to you. and YOUR MAJOR work should be YOUR own, not your teachers..

as to "she looks like madonna"??? sorry but i would have no clue as to what the hidden meaning in that quote is. o_O

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)