ok, what can i do? (1 Viewer)

^___^
HSC
i'm a part time night filler for my coles supermarket

i'm rostered this wk monday, tuesday, thursday, friday and saturday

however, i was just told the night before, that i am not working on tuesday cos the store can't afford to double and a half pay me since the load is not done.

of course, i will not be paid

however, my case is, being part time, i'm rostered and i should be entitled for that pay right?
also, its not me thats dragging the team down...its other people and this was obiviosly shown during the fill

the manager said ring the boss up if i have any problems, so i was wondering what are your opinions as to what i should do and not do

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
i think your sig answers the question for you ;)

depending on the situation, just speak to your boss. ask him, not so much demand, that shouldn't you be getting these hours due to your job description. maybe you are a casual? but yeh imo, unless you know your boss for at least a year you need to play the can you please let me know why i am not getting it tone instead of give me the hours tone.

hope that makes sense. this is majorish so be careful. :p

Lou_86

pro procrastinator
HSC
ring up industrial relations and speak to them about it, they should give u some advice (if they're open)

and my other advice is to start low with ur complaint, dont go straight to the boss, speak to ur manager first, then take the complaint to a higher 'level'..

hope it goes well!

^___^
HSC
the manager said "talk to the boss" and my friend was nice and stood me up on the spot, but the manager said "is it ur problem? no, go back to your work"

so i guess i'm going straight to the "manager's office"

rahul: i'm a part time, not a casual :)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
soto get this straight - they have only cancellled you and not your friend? is that why your friend was sticking up for you? or did they cancel the whole team but because you are part time you have other rights?

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
i thought that if you were rostered on, they had to give you that work even if they didnt need you. and you didnt have to take "early marks" if you didnt want them

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
i got asked to skip an aussie day public holiday cos one of the people on contract was supposed to be on. I said no i wanted the money and that was that

^___^
HSC
biggles04 said:
And how does the store expect anything to be on the shelves for tomorrow?
the duty manager will process the load himself

so yea, i'll go to the store tommorow and talk to them..eh

choco

love the mini xxl!
HSC
i just got told that the store can't afford to make such a loss anymore so they have to let people go and i happened to be one of them...(can't do much cos i'm casual...ah easy come easy go i guess..i only just got it too.)

Generator

HSC
N/A
They are allowed to cut back on part-time shifts without much notice if necessary, or so I was told (I was just dropped for a month seeing as though I was a casual member of staff at the time). No harm in asking, though (I guess).

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
choco said:
i just got told that the store can't afford to make such a loss anymore so they have to let people go and i happened to be one of them...(can't do much cos i'm casual...ah easy come easy go i guess..i only just got it too.)
damn, let you go altogether? that sucks. i hate being new, nothing is stable and everything is foreign.
Generator said:
They are allowed to cut back on part-time shifts without much notice if necessary, or so I was told (I was just dropped for a month seeing as though I was a casual member of staff at the time). No harm in asking, though (I guess).
they stopped your shifts for a month? that sucks too. was it after you asked a question?

Generator

HSC
N/A
iambored said:
they stopped your shifts for a month? that sucks too. was it after you asked a question?
It happened in the January lull of 2003 that was exacerbated by another Coles supermarket opening in the general area. I was a 'secure' casual by that stage, but they just could not afford to employ me for a period. I was far from being the only member of staff to suffer, too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)