Ok Where Is My Recycle Bin (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

luigi

***LouLou***
HSC
hi. sorry i need some help.
the recycle bin icon is missing from my desktop. i searched everywhere for the recycle bin, in folders etc . i did a search in windows explorer. bla bla i cant find it!
can someone help me
cos theres heaps of shit in it i need to delete
ta

sunny

meh.
HSC
For starters, which windows version are you using?

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
how did u delete ur recycle bin?
i tried searching through find but i couldnt find it.. even though i have it on my comp
if i go to my computer.. in the drop down box thing its there.. but yeh i dont know.. i probably shouldnt be in the it section

sunny

meh.
HSC
Unfortunately, the recycle bin isn't a 'standard' folder that you can play with. It might show up as a hidden X:\Recycled folder.

It can disappear if some program wants to hide it (installed any suspicious programs lately?), or if you're using the XP pro, your administrator might have chosen to hide the recycle bin.

Try and use the MS's PowerToys (TweakUI) to bring it back.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/downloads/powertoys.asp

luigi

***LouLou***
HSC
im using XP

yeah ive already tried searching. more than once.. grr
maybe i have a virus? or some sort of bug thing that has made it delete? i know i have all this random shit like pop ups and stuff on my computer.. im trying to get rid of them all the time with ad aware etc.. but they come back anyway

luigi

***LouLou***
HSC
yeah i have a feeling its some suspicious program that has installed itself off the web.......... thanks sunny.. but i dont know what tweak UI is? so i dont know how that would help

sunny

meh.
HSC
Originally posted by luigi
yeah i have a feeling its some suspicious program that has installed itself off the web.......... thanks sunny.. but i dont know what tweak UI is? so i dont know how that would help
Download it here:
http://download.microsoft.com/downl...a6-b352-839afb2a2679/TweakUiPowertoySetup.exe

Its a program that let you change various bits and pieces of Windows that you normally wouldn't be able to, including hiding/showing the recycle bin.

Once you've installed it you can find it in your start menu. Start the program, click on "Desktop" in the list on the left, and check if "Recycle Bin" has been checked.

luigi

***LouLou***
HSC
im getting an error message coming up when i try and open that link

"TweakUiPowertoySetup[1].exe - Entry POint Not Found

The procedure entry point GetDllDirectoryW could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll "

do u know how to resolve that?
sorry for my ignorance

sunny

meh.
HSC
Try right click on the link, select "Save Target As", select where to save it, and once its finished run it.

luigi

***LouLou***
HSC
same problem again. grr
ok atm i am running spy bot. is that a good program to get rid of bugs on your computeR?

sunny

meh.
HSC
Yep its good. The only thing I can suggest now is to try and clear your brower's cache, then try the download again.

If not, and by the sound of things, more sinister programs might be at work! :eek:

J0n

N/A
HSC
Hmm.. have you tried refreshing your desktop? Go to your desktop and press F5.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by luigi
hi. sorry i need some help.
the recycle bin icon is missing from my desktop. i searched everywhere for the recycle bin, in folders etc . i did a search in windows explorer. bla bla i cant find it!
that's actually quite funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)