• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

ok worried about subject choices (1 Viewer)

xSALLYx

HSC
sorry to be an annoying little year ten wasting all you 'big kids' time.. but i need some advice..

ive been on these boards heaps lately and ive started to realise.. that maybe the subjects i have chosen for the hsc are not going to get me the best uai.

im not quite sure what i want to do when i leave, but i want a high uai. well at least the hope that im going to get one to get me into a good uni course.

i have chosen..

advanced english
mathematics (not general.. just.. u no..normal)
biology
pdhpe
dance
community and family studies

my school doesnt rank highly at all.. nothing special. i know that if i do well in all my subjects i must go alright but if i happen to get told that some of my subjects clash. what should i pick?and i fine with what i have or should i go and change them now for some 'harder' subjects?
heeeelllp

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
You can get a very good UAI with those subjects, however if they clash, then you would have to pick other subjects that appeal to you. If you can get these subjects, and you want to do well in them, then there should be no reason for you not to do them, barring subject clashes and whatnot :)

Jessica_00

HSC
N/A
I would suggest dropping PDHPE since it is only for yr 11 and one unit? Doesnt make any use to you. Lots of people regret doing one unit courses such as photography if they are planning to get a high UAI. Some people would regret choosing Bio over Physics or Chem as well since the two latter ones scale higher. Comminty and Family studies doesnt scale as well as Society and Culture while the two courses are pretty similar...so you should look at that also. If you would like a good boost try adding on an extention course once you're in yr 12. Good luck

xSALLYx

HSC
pdhpe is 2unit/2years... you might be thinking of sports lifestyle recrecreation?

funny you mentioned the comm. fam. and society and culture thing. a few weeks ago i realised that i wanted to do society and culture rather than cafs. i cant change atm but the end of this year once the lines are out, or nxt year i think i might try and change over.

thanks for your replys :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)