Old pacific highway (1 Viewer)

Keepleft

HSC
N/A
AND typically with a 'tourist' inspired 70km/h speed limit.

Nice troll?

lengy

HSC
What's with all these noob accounts popping up on the Car Forum?

j_davo24

HSC
lengy said:
Also the fact that the road runs from Sydney to Brisbane and has many 'old' sections so we have NFI where the hell the OP is talking about...

CieL

HSC
Is that the road that leads to mooney mooney?

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
its about... 5km off the hornsby exit then u got onto pacific highway and join it a few kms down...
supposed to be the 'scenic' route

i'll find it on google earth...later

lengy

HSC
If what you say is true... I'll be checking the Old Pacific Highway out when I get the chance... :eek:

CieL

HSC
Bob.J said:
its about... 5km off the hornsby exit then u got onto pacific highway and join it a few kms down...
supposed to be the 'scenic' route

i'll find it on google earth...later
Oh yeah, been there.. in a Clio Sport years ago.. speeding around the mountains n crap.. we always picked tuesday night cos we knew the cops were off

lengy

HSC
Why Tuesday night? I tend to have fun even on everyday roads cause even keeping to the speed limit I just don't slow down as much on corners and take them faster so I'm not speeding at all but having fun as well and tend to overtake cars that way as long as they don't block the entire bloody road.

CieL

HSC
lengy said:
Why Tuesday night? I tend to have fun even on everyday roads cause even keeping to the speed limit I just don't slow down as much on corners and take them faster so I'm not speeding at all but having fun as well and tend to overtake cars that way as long as they don't block the entire bloody road.
I do that everyday too.
I followed a little orange festiva yesterday around Eastwood and I loved them so much cos they cornered like me and I didnt have to slow down.

But Tuesday is the night to unleash your inner beast and mooney mooney [and not get caught], and hopefully not fall off the cliff.

Keepleft

HSC
N/A
lengy said:
Observing (for eons now:), only just bothered signing up to respond as needed.

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
my mate and i went taking the '45km/hr' corners at 90-100km/hr. his new gti just flew right out of the corners

i fought with my car to stay inside the lane lol

it's an awesome road to try out an awesome car on... when you get rich
i'm eager to see how an evo will go on it

just go at 1am... it'll be empty

CieL

HSC
kols_kebabs said:
I always find it's best to approach the advisory corner speed signs on any road as if they were in mp/h instead of km/h.

It's fun, but still safe enough when you don't know the road well.

In fact this works for most speed limits. Beware the 30km/h advisory signs though, those one's are sometimes serious.
Righttttttttt.. not like everyone has a built in mph to kmh converter in their head..

I find that if it says 45kmh, then it will be do-able at 100-150kmh.. but then again it all comes down to your car and road conditions..

And yes, it is possible... and I swear I better not hear anymore of those, "glad you didnt kill anyone" comments

CieL

HSC
Ah well, maybe because I dont usually convert.. or had needs to convert kmh into mph

I guess what I meant was, some corners which are listed 45kmh [I'm not just talking about the OPH], can be done between the speeds of 100-150kmh.. and then I said, depending on car and road conditions which suggest that some cannot be done at those speeds because it'd simply be too dangerous.

It's like how I hit 100 on the old road, 110 on a road from Bilpin, and 150 on another road heading north east. All said recommended speed is 45, but there is a large difference in what could be done.

Think whatever you want.

I've been there, done that, and I'm still alive - although you must want me dead.. not to mention I haven't totalled a car or created an accident.... yet....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)