olmc got 20 min extra for english.. unfair!! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danoz The Great

HSC
AreYouAlright? said:
YOU people DISGUST me, if you need 20mins extra time because you can't concentrate during an alarm.

What the BOS should of done was prescribe you all Ridelin or even Speed that's the only thing that could of helped you. Twenty minutes, what a joke!
You're disgusting me, because you're obviously "not alright", if you feel that you can concentrate writing essays during a fire alarm. Which you must think that you can, if these girls predicaments DISGUST you and everything.

For fucks sake, this isn't going to matter in a couple of years time. Y

wanton-wonton

HSC
Counterfeit said:
I will end this thread with a quote what a very wise person once said:
Quoting yourself is not cool, although that was a cool quote.

Lileane

HSC
Meh, we had extremely loud birds incessantly chirping during the entire exam...inside the hall...gave me a ringing headache.
We didn't get extra time. Most of us vowed to become bird hunters though.

suteki

what is this furry friends? you wish to comment on how unfair it is they got extra time. go shove a board of studies booklet up ur...
hehe. it's not their fault the alarm went off.. the alarms are gay and loud and gay at my dear old alma mater. . if your so upset and teary weary poo that olmc parramatta got an extra 20 mins. seriously go complain to the right people. do it
lets see where you get . lol . jeez its kinda hard to do anything with those alarms.
yes everything is unfair love isnt it?.
well get used it life is unfair.. god u take this too seriously lmao hahahaha

suteki

lol. i guess some anal retensive year 12 people take their hsc like it is their life.. i understand. let us all shed a tear for you.

stephy22

Grow up... Seriously!

becca_lee said:
... For those people who dont get distracted so easily, an extra 20 minutes really could have helped.. no doubt a lot of people could have done with it to finish their essays. They should have been allowed to file for misadventure, but no.. they got extra time.. UNFAIR
Look the fact still remains that you weren't there when half way through your English essay a extremely loud firealarm went off followed by an annoying recorded voice. Alot of people lost their train of thought and many didn't get full concentration for the rest of the exam. For those who you think can somehow concentrate during a firealarm [dont know many who can be that crazy] is probably smart enough to finish the essays in time so i don't see how that would have been a disadvantage anyway. Many of the students sat there for the whole 18mins doing jack because there was no chance anyone could even write a paragraph that makes sense and would get top marks through a firealarm. We certainly didn't want a firealarm dont know if you prefer loud sounds during an exam but hey who knows what you like...
If you really feel like you want to fight or watever you plan to do go talk to the BOS dont come here and try to get your anger out on people from OLMC just because you prob did shit in your exam doesn't mean we're to blame.
Actually even better still, when's your next exam? I'll see if i can somehow set off the firealarm and see wat you think about it during your exam...

Last edited by a moderator:

Picle

HSC
becca_lee said:
Yes thats right, olmc parramatta got 20 min extra writing time because their fire alarm went off during the exam- however they werent evacuated.. they kept writing for 20 minutes until it turned off.. and then when time was up, were allowed an extra 20 minutes to write. For those people who dont get distracted so easily, an extra 20 minutes really could have helped.. no doubt a lot of people could have done with it to finish their essays. They should have been allowed to file for misadventure, but no.. they got extra time.. UNFAIR

Becca_Lee can lick my balls.......for fucks sake stop trying to think your cool and gonna get like mad support for saying comments like that haha i bet you thought everyone was going to be like oh my god that is so slack tell us more Becca you mole.........But no it completely backfired on you and now everyones just bagging you out. I for one. Just get over it ok........

Picle

HSC
it went off for exactly 18 minutes and 12 seconds

read the posts derrrrrrrr........

HSC
18 minutes?! fuck i'd have one hell of a headache if that was the case

stephy22

Casmira said:
18 minutes?! fuck i'd have one hell of a headache if that was the case
Yea majority of us had one by the 10th minute... and the extra 20mins didn't do much but only decreased the amount of break time I and the rest of my Design and Tech class got before the exams...

hipPo3

HSC
wow .. thats really slack on those olmcers ..
why is everyone getting testy about this ?
Its does affect us, and some poeple might be advantaged with the extra 20mins, but overall ur school is stuffed.. the HSC is about school vs school, so the majority of your yr 12 grade that suffered due to this mishap is gonna far outwiegh those that could actually be advantaged from an extra 20 marks.

I feel sori for u peeps ..

stephy22

playboy2njoy said:
I say deduct 20 marks for those free 108 seconds you got. Anyways, its not like anyone in parramatta is going to be attending any uni other than uws, so nothing for us to worry about.
</endrant>
You're not the only one that wrote to the last minute majority of ppl did. And FYI dont think we threw away the 18mins it was to make up the 18 that we lost. Also before you open your mouth to call us dumb shits do you know 110% that ppl only make it to UWS... There is no one i know that actually goes there all have gone to ACU, UNSW, Sydney so get your fucking facts straight! Just because we are in Parramatta doesn't meant we are fucking stupid.. There are ppl that top the state in subjects. I'm sick of this crap that you associate us with because we happen to be in Parramatta...

stephy22

Build a bridge and get over it...

playboy2njoy said:
SHUT THE FUCK UP. I spent TWO FUCKING YEARS, studying this shit, and most recently, undertook a two month revision program for english, sitting 6 hour blocks, to be at the top of my game. To spend the exam writing up to the last fucking minute, and you bitch about the extra 20 minutes you got, is ridiculous. For some of us, the HSC is the fucking be-all-and-end-all of university entry, and every fucking minute counts. Dont underestimate the value of extra time.
Also just to clear things up we AREN'T bitching about the extra time. You guys are! We're just here to tell you to GET OVER IT!

Last edited by a moderator:
HSC
playboy2njoy said:
SHUT THE FUCK UP. I spent TWO FUCKING YEARS, studying this shit, and most recently, undertook a two month revision program for english, sitting 6 hour blocks, to be at the top of my game. To spend the exam writing up to the last fucking minute, and you bitch about the extra 20 minutes you got, is ridiculous. For some of us, the HSC is the fucking be-all-and-end-all of university entry, and every fucking minute counts. Dont underestimate the value of extra time.
I'll play a big ass bell during your remainder exams and give you double the time, reckon you can cope?

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
Rachel_M said:
gosh some people can complain!

i am from olmc and i can tell you that the extra 20 minutes didn't really help at all...the alarm going off left most of us with splitting headaches because it was squealing away for ages and broke our concentration....even though the supervisor said we could keep going, most of us weren't writing anyway because we were covering our ears....

and besides, why do you all care so much? the fact that we got some more time doesn't affect how you did in the exam so stop bitching and get over it!

oh and fyi - the supervisor didn't just 'decide' of her own accord to give us extra time. As soon as the alarm went off, they contacted a Board of Studies representative who gave authorisation for the time.......AND a full report was filed to BoS.....so stop just assuming that you know whats going on!
Yes but it does affect how they're ranked relative to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)