OLMC Parramatta got an extra 20 mins!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
blue_eye_baby said:
i think its a serious issue, and the school will have to report it or they may be penalised more...some action will happen, the bos wont let it slide under the rug...the students marks may be reduced or the school wont recieve a high rank for it

remembering of course that the school has nothing to do with the running of the exams. Its up to the supervisors on duty to work it all out.

sexo9800

A place far from Sydney, but soon, Surry Hills!
HSC
i honestly think that this is reprehensible! this is so a "today tonight" bulletin. someone from the BOS should be notified of this. supervisors do not, as far as i know, have the jurisdiction to decide on what etra time is necessary. THIS IS AN OUTRAGE. its inconsistent. this is serious. First some braindead old fart supervisors put out PAPER TWO in Coffs Harbour, and now people are getting an extra 5 and 20 mins. I was trapped in a dingy god damn hall with wind whistling through the roof non stop. it was seriously like an old freakin shed. i go to a private school and had to go to this dodge public school. the ammenties should be inspected beofre we do this sort of stuff. the BOS is so strict about some things, like the reading out of that "malpractice" shit every time, yet we sit in dingy halls and people are getting extra time! WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON BOS!!!!!!!!!!

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
I agree with you but this kinda attitude really pisses me off...

i go to a private school and had to go to this dodge public school. the ammenties should be inspected beofre we do this sort of stuff.
Don't knock public schools. Public education 4eva!!

Haku

get over it. its not that bad.

think of all the people that claim disadvantage and get 10min extra for every hour of exam and for every exam when most importantly their disadvantage is fully bullshit and made up. they are even coming first in most subjects. also another has no difficulty but claim family problem just for the hsc!!!

chin music

HSC
N/A
Perfect Element said:
Hey, how about instead of wondering what WE could have done with that extra 20 minutes, why don't we think about what THEY did with the extra 20 minutes?

Approximately jack shit.

Seriously, like 100 people out of 63,000 get 20 minutes extra time - many of which claim to "not even have needed it" - and you guys/girls are throwin' a hissy fit? It's not going to affect your UAIs kiddos.
I don't really care that itll efect my uai. In fact the chances are it will leave almost everyones UAI unchanged. It just pisses me off that the inspectors act so strict in our school and threaten to tear up our papers throughout the whole exam then scream Pens down and run up and down the aisles so we dont get an extra few seconds when the times up and then they give some school 20 more minutes

sexo9800

A place far from Sydney, but soon, Surry Hills!
HSC
_dhj_ said:
I agree with you but this kinda attitude really pisses me off...

Don't knock public schools. Public education 4eva!!
Yeah i know mate im sorry. i dont realy have that attitude, i was just angry thats all. i mean some of thebest schools are public schools. im just complaining, at least in the context of what i said, about the ammenties. some of the stories i have heard are horrendous. i mean, can u empathise with me a bit. a howling roof the whole time! it was like someone was dying for two hours. yeah, but im sorry. nothing wrong with a public school.

rowan brand

can the moderators or someone from teh board of studies give us some info on whats gonnaa happen? Coz quite frankly, it just mkaes aalot of us feel ripped of (and of course there are others who dont care). But for our curiosities sake, can you let us know?

Or should we just wait till a current affair tomorrow?

Enoch

ur a closet enoch-sexual!
HSC
bOOOOooooooooooooooooooOoooooooooooOOOOooooo...

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
sexo9800 said:
Yeah i know mate im sorry. i dont realy have that attitude, i was just angry thats all. i mean some of thebest schools are public schools. im just complaining, at least in the context of what i said, about the ammenties. some of the stories i have heard are horrendous. i mean, can u empathise with me a bit. a howling roof the whole time! it was like someone was dying for two hours. yeah, but im sorry. nothing wrong with a public school.

Yeah.. I can empathise with you. I mean.. I think the overall HSC process is pretty fair and thorough for its importance - like the marking, scaling process etc. This sort of discrepancy can definately be avoided. On the broader scale, public education (and I mean, comprehensive school rather than selective school) does need additional funding, though the overall trend of society seems to be shifting towards the right of equilibrium at the moment =/

7th Sign

HSC
would have been good to get some extra time for checking my shit

man some cats mobile phones went off did i get extra time? NOOOOOOOOOOO

unfair imo

complain plzzz

Counterfeit

HSC
they got extra time - its not fair

people get given extra UAI points for dissadvantages that dont exist ... its not fair

locals are given preferance to enter certain universities ... its not fair

people get lap tops when theyre writing is perfectly fine ... its not fair

im dissadvantaged becuase i live in a low socio-economic area - its not fair

my teachers dont follow the syllabus - its not fair

i dont have a tutor - its not fair

i live an hour away from school - its not fair

my dog's name was Lear, it makes me emotional - its not fair

there was a kookaburra outside my classroom - its not fair

i had my period - its not fair

im too tall for the school desks - its not fair

FUCK PEOPLE! stoppit! stop it stop it stop it! STOP focusing on what you dont have going for you and instead focus on HOW you can better your UAI's. Whinging will get you nowhere because NOONE CARES! Your UAI depends on you... even if the people who got extra time get penalised due to your whinging u will have gained NOTHING,,,,

Thats all :)

Merry Studying, (it will do you more good that this whinging shit.)

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
It doesn't matter. The school's in parramatta therefore most of them wont make it to uni, thus who cares.

rusty_rouge

HSC
Haha counterfeit - I like your argument. It happened, and sure, we all feel a little hard done by, we could've done a lot better with an extra 20 minutes. But the truth isn't entirely known, and we could be very much mistaken about the whole thing.

Plus, we still have to sit other exams, which need study...hmmm...yeah...study....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)