Olympic coverage (3 Viewers)

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
Silverstone said:
Its light years ahead of what an American Telecast is
but thats not really the point is it? - i mean, it could be the best coverage there is in the world (though i seriously doubt that :p) and still be absolute crap. all that that means is that USA coverage is worse, but meh, its not like anyone expected better - after all, a recent survey done in major American cities showed that 94% of Americans couldnt point out where we were, or where Europe was (note that - not even a particular European country, but a whole continent). 91% didnt know during the war on terror what continent Iraq was on...therefore the award for most self-concerned ego-centric nation goes to *dingdingding* the USA!

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Wow, let's cite what the Americans are doing. In general people know of American's xenophobic nationalism, so wow, no great revelation there.

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
HSC
couldnt agree more - god, who wants 2 watch bloody horses prancing around. i have no idea what makes them so good. i have no objection 2 7 showing equestrian - but maybe a little less of it and a little more of something else?!? hey! its finished! there's now wierd arse rowing where theyre on one knee in tiny boats - looks like theyre proposing 2 camera...at least is more interesting than da horses...what the hell is it though?
see! 7 should be showing more sports that no1 knows about - is chance 2 broaden the sporting horizons of us coach potatoes! :)

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
hey those horses have talent! .. they deserve the medals more than the riders do :uhhuh:

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
ffs yesterday (well this morning) they showed Australia get their ass kicked by Cuba in baseball when all the track and field events were on

MARION JONES WAS JUMPING FFS!!!!

sbs just had the most awesome game of indoor volleyball, Greece vs. USA, greece had a 9 points lead in the 4th set but lost it, then it went to the deciding set and the USA won, crap that Greece lost but still a freaking kickass game

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Yesterday in the Germany v. Spain mens European Handball match. It was a semi-final or something but it was out and out fantastic.

At full time they were locked at like 28 all. After 4 rounds of overtime they were locked at 30 all. It took a penalty shootout for Germany to finally win.

It is such a violent game but my God it's fantastic!

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
I watched it too! Handball is exciting to watch, especially when its close and its equally exciting to play.

SBS shits all over in terms of coverage. They showed the gold medal winning table tennis match at least an hr before 7 did.. and all 7 did was replay the final set.. wtf?

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
its just that its not profitable for 7 to show sports that the "majority" of australians have no interest in..

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
but its profitable to show repeats of shit from 3 days ago? I'd much rather see a good game of table tennis than a repeat of the women's 8-rowing.

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
..it comes down to showing the sports that we participate in or those with big names etc- to 7 they probably think that people don't give a stuff about other games (even if they are more exciting) + it gives them something to boast/talk about :rolleyes: like they are doing now

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
but do they need both sbs and ch7 showing the same events at the same time, like right now.... thats the only thing that pisses me off...

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
i wish Rupert Murdoch buys the rights for Beijing 2008, two channels to show it on

of course before he buys the olympics he buys out Ch.10 so then he has 3 channels and people without cable can watch it :D

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
HSC
steph@nie said:
but its profitable to show repeats of shit from 3 days ago? I'd much rather see a good game of table tennis than a repeat of the women's 8-rowing.
dude, dont get me started on the bloody rower! fancymaking all those poor gals apologise for being angry - 'coz thats the aussie way'?!? like hell it is! 'here gals, get in this room together and slug it out' is the aussie way! :p what i dont get is why ppl think that they had no right 2 be angry with her?!?!

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
silvermoon: there is no reason to get angry at her because 1) they werent gonna get a medal and 2) their athletes, they should know what its like

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)