omg fail. (1 Viewer)

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Wow I know the general consensus was better .... I too found it better btw just not mc. But yeah.... The band 6 cutoff increases by 10 points!!??
No it will be a few points max, they are saying that you will get 88-90 as your hsc mark.

13abie

HSC
I'm getting really worried now...What was so easy about these extendeds? Everyone is saying they had 2 hours to do them and wrote heaps about everything but I thought the exchange rate one was quite hard and the monetary one required so much to be talked about in so little time! I thought they were pretty hard personally.

Also I don't see the problem with MC??? It was just normal questions some very very easy some requiring a little bit of thinking outside the box, with fairly standard calculations.

y510920

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm getting really worried now...What was so easy about these extendeds? Everyone is saying they had 2 hours to do them and wrote heaps about everything but I thought the exchange rate one was quite hard and the monetary one required so much to be talked about in so little time! I thought they were pretty hard personally.

Also I don't see the problem with MC??? It was just normal questions some very very easy some requiring a little bit of thinking outside the box, with fairly standard calculations.
yea i reckon mc and short answers are the easiest yet monetary policy is a bit of a stumbling block for me, i am just so not used to the word 'how' as a bos word, however, i think i did pretty ok/well in micro....

cloudstr1f3r

HSC
Probably 88-89, maybe borderline 90.

Mainly because the general consensus was that this year was easier than last years so cutoffs will be higher.
To be honest, I don't think the cut off would be higher than last year.

MCQs were harder, short answers were similar but the format is slightly different (Eg. the strategy and international business cycle one), essays would've caught a lot of people off guard, fiscal and distribution of Y and blah. Microreform is consider to be one of the harder topics in HSC economics, and Q28 is extremely hypothetical and theoretical, that it actually was going to catch a lot of people who jumped into the question immediately. That they though it's about current economic situation, but it isn't, it is abstract and theoretical.

So tbh, even general consensus thinks that it's easy. I did too straight after the exam, but thinking and thinking again, it is actually not a easy exam. To be honest, I think the band 6 cut off might be down to 75-78, just my two cents though. Trick paper, abstract and requires much more economic clarity in the mind.

aurine

HSC
I find the economic paper is quite fine. Trial was far easier though. The essay totally killed my hand today, to the point that I'm having difficulties to write this things now. - -
I'm pretty sure I did about 17/18 in multiple choice, and one short answer.. I forgot about it, but that's it. Either way, rayy, it's better than having beaten by someone who actually never study at all, and only study one hour and still get 95+.. There's freaking 5 robots in the school

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)