OMG Failed ACST by 7 and MATH135 by 10 overall (1 Viewer)

kingofgames

HSC
N/A
Well i feel so stupid for failing ACST, so lame. And i should had transferred the hell out of MATH135 when i could have had. That was a dumb idea for an ECON student who was 2/3 hours away. I think i will absolutely obliterate them the second time around since i live closer now and know how things go. This will surely haunt me from now on, only way to make up for it is to never allow it to happen again.

shak99

HSC
Uni Grad
Well i feel so stupid for failing ACST, so lame. And i should had transferred the hell out of MATH135 when i could have had. That was a dumb idea for an ECON student who was 2/3 hours away. I think i will absolutely obliterate them the second time around since i live closer now and know how things go. This will surely haunt me from now on, only way to make up for it is to never allow it to happen again.
ACST is a pain in the ass subject. I remember one session when they had a 46% fail rate (in ACST201)...so many people ended up with an overall mark of 50.

kingofgames

HSC
N/A
Yeah man ACST101, i would had not failed it if i didn't do MATH135 that's why i feel so stupid haha. And MATH135 was an elective.

Last edited:

crazy_paki123

HSC
^ dude u shoulda done IT and society as an elective as a wam booster plus no finals and thats ur planet unit done. i chose stat as my elective, boy did i regret that. And acst aint that bad, it takes me 2 hrs to get to uni. travel is no excuse

kingofgames

HSC
N/A
You've never taken Math135 my friend, ACST101 was a piss all subject really i just didn't have time for the mindless repetition because maths was taking it all. 4 hour lectures, 2 hour tutorial but it's really 3 because of workshops, you're introduced to two things a week in two streams, 5 assignments, 40-50% fail rate. Not a warm welcoming subject for the start of uni. Should had dropped straight away, i didn't know what i was getting my self in to haha i'd never been to University before lol.

Last edited:

crazy_paki123

HSC
fark man oh well. u can still redeem urself through the people/plenet stuff. im a first year too, nd i thought stat would be fun and a potential WAM booster, boy was i wrong

kingofgames

HSC
N/A
Thanks mate, i hope so aye. At least we've learned our lesson. I came up with a tip, always ask your Lecture or tutor for the overall and/or previous fail rate of the class if they will give it to you specially for electives that's what i am doing now.

shak99

HSC
Uni Grad
Thanks mate, i hope so aye. At least we've learned our lesson. I came up with a tip, always ask your Lecture or tutor for the overall and/or previous fail rate of the class if they will give it to you specially for electives that's what i am doing now.
You shouldn't be worried about fail rates. Just stay above the cohort average (most lecturers tell you the overall average) before the final exam, study effectively for the final exam and you can't fail :)

HSC
Besides a low GPA or WAM..does anything else happen if you fail? Sorry probably the wrong place to ask

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
The only thing that happens if you fail is you might need to re-take the subject if it is required for your degree.

If not, you just have a fail grade on your transcript.

You also still have to pay the fees for the course, and if you repeat it you have to pay again :c

HSC
Ok..thanks for the quick reply!

Guess I can deal with that since its my fault for slacking off in first semester lol..Lesson learnt :$

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
Yep, let me tell you its incentive to never fail again.

I screwed up an exam last semester, so i failed the subject because of it (49 was my overall mark...grrrr)

This semester I got a HD for that subject; I worked extra hard to prove I knew I could do better. And I tried extra hard in my other classes too because I wasn't repeating them either :p

ottermode

HSC
got exactly 50 overall in math135 feelsgoodman, maybe next time we meet, you'll be kingofstudies

financialwar

HSC
N/A
is Math135 that hard??

Doing it this semester, need a HD in Math135 to get into Math133 to get into B.ACST.

ps. why are people having difficulties with acst101? That subject is piss easy compared to math135

Last edited:

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
is Math135 that hard??

Doing it this semester, need a HD in Math135 to get into Math133 to get into B.ACST.

ps. why are people having difficulties with acst101? That subject is piss easy compared to math135
Though I haven't done acst101 yet (only started this week :lol:) I must admit reading through the required work it doesn't look to difficult and quite reminds me of that financial maths we had to do at school.

That being said, I had friends who could do everything in 4 unit maths, but financial maths just didn't click with them. I, as one of the people failing general maths found it was the only topic I excelled at :lol:

I guess we shall see :)

kingofgames

HSC
N/A
I didn't have problems with ACST101 it was a piss easy subject i could had done it in year 11. What i was doing was that i was having such a bad time with MATH135 that i was just shaving hours of on other subjects to focus on it. So i was just learning things and doing the work without the extra hours on repetition and practice papers because it was just that easy i was more than getting by, but by ended up happening was come the pass or fail exam i wasn't confident and the on a turn of bad luck the test turned out to be harder than what i prepared for. And considering that i was doing a language, MATH135 and ACST at the same time there wasn't a lot of room for first semester mistake you know.

MATH135 is a quantity sort of subject, the questions will test you but they're the sort of thing that gets easy over time like the problem solving hardly goes close to extension 1 level. The problem is there is a lot of content and if you don't get it you only have to catch up. Go to every lecture and do the tutee questions and you might just pass. The failure rate has been 40-50% for a very long time from what i hear so yes it can be a spirit breaker. Take great notes, use other resources (text books), do the e-reserve questions and i think past papers. Lol don't do MATH135 on second 2 sem lol it kind of sucks.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)