Omg- Harry Potter 6 is complete! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
I know there is a harry potter thread but I felt this news warranted a thread of its own! yay! I can't wait!

Potter book completed
December 21, 2004 - 2:46PM

Page Tools
Email to a friend Printer format
Rowling says that one character will not survive the sixth book.
Photo: Reuters
Author J.K. Rowling has announced that she has completed the sixth Potter novel, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.

"I know you all expected this to happen on Christmas Day, but I was sure that those of you who celebrate Christmas have better things to do on the day itself than fight your way into my study, whereas those of you who DON'T celebrate Christmas would definitely prefer not to wait until the 25th," the British author wrote in a message posted yesterday on her Web site.

Rowling noted that while she is pregnant with her third child, she has had the time "needed to tinker with the manuscript to my satisfaction and I am as happy as I have ever been with the end result. I only hope you feel it was worth the wait when you finally read it."

Rowling's US publisher, Scholastic Inc., said a release date would be announced Tuesday morning.

With the new Potter book almost certain to come out in 2005, fans should be spared the seemingly interminable three-year wait between Potter IV, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, and Potter V, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, which came out in the summer of 2003. Rowling did not say whether the new book's length would top the industrial-sized 870 pages of Order of the Phoenix.

Advertisement
AdvertisementRowling's announcement is also great news for booksellers, who have endured another year of slow sales. More than 100 million copies of the fantasy series, which debuted in 1997, are in print, and Order of the Phoenix sold an astonishing 5 million copies within 24 hours of publication. Sales have remained phenomenal even as Rowling's books have grown longer and darker, reflecting the boy wizard's maturation into adolescence.

Hollywood has benefited, too; the first three Potter books have been made into hit movies. The books have also inspired countless Potter paraphernalia, including candy, cakes, capes and toys.

Rowling has said that one of her characters will not survive her sixth book, but she refused to identify that character.

Potter himself is safe, at least for now. Rowling has said her teenage hero will survive until the seventh and final book in the series, but has refused to say whether he will reach adulthood.

Only recently, the book's completion seemed far away. In a message posted December 10, Rowling said she had nothing "noteworthy to report, because I have been spending nearly all my time sitting in front of my computer writing, rewriting and taking the occasional break to bang my head off the desk in frustration or else rub my hands together in fiendish glee (I think the latter has happened once)."

- AP

minapotter

MP@LJ//HP//SW//LOST//
HSC
Ohkhay. This may need a spoiler tag; but oh what the heck.

Saturday 16th July 2005!!!!

Is anyone making plans already? Wasn't the bookstore in Glebe that hosted the Hogwarts Express party? Does anyone want to come?

lilmzqt

+.~*Special*~.+
HSC
minapotter said:
Ohkhay. This may need a spoiler tag; but oh what the heck.

Saturday 16th July 2005!!!!

Is anyone making plans already? Wasn't the bookstore in Glebe that hosted the Hogwarts Express party? Does anyone want to come?
OMG REELI??? im soooooo exited!!!! yay!! need to pre-order my copy...:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D so soooooo happy!!

somechick

HSC
N/A
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OM G
DARRRRRRRRRRRRR ***********excited beyond belief*******

Screw hsc results this is the best news this whole year. WOO HOO

YAY.....

I wonder who's gonna die this time?
I dont reckon harry will ever die because that can't happen. The story is in second person narration, ALWAYS focused on harry's perspective so if harry does die then who will it shift to? JK rowling has to CHANGE the most important aspect of the book. It cant like change to "ron weasley thought harry's death was bad, and he went up to griffindor tower to see the giant squid" or something...that's like an internal plot adjustment. Wont work for the continuity of the series. that'll be like postmodern or something lol

minapotter

MP@LJ//HP//SW//LOST//
HSC
somechick said:
I wonder who's gonna die this time?
I dont reckon harry will ever die because that can't happen. The story is in second person narration, ALWAYS focused on harry's perspective so if harry does die then who will it shift to? ...
I highly doubt Harry will be killed off in HBP; and if he did; what would the next book be entitled? "Ron Weasley and the Corned Beef Affair" ? Anyone who says that Harry will die in HBP are just eccentric and weird people. If harry were to die; JKR would most likely do that right at the end of the seventh book. But in my opinion. Harry would most likely survive. A hero dead in a battle may seem courageous but I think the hero who has to live with the traumas of the battle and a loss of a close friend is even more courageous and proves that he is truly a hero.

Ergo; my next point: I think/hope Ron dies. *ducks rocks chucked by protective Ron fans* There are many theories out there including the Chess theory, the DIE RON DIE joke theory, the Unicorn wand theory etc that support this argument. And although this is coming from a very very passionate H/Hr shipper: it makes sense that Ron should die. Although I'm thinking more in the seventh book...because one of the trio dying in the sixth enstallment is a bit anticlimatic isn't it? Maybe anti climatic isn't the word.

I think the question that should be asked in relation to HBP isn't "Who is going to die?" (it's like OoTP all over again) but more "Who is the HBP?".

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
i reckon that neville could be the half blood prince
and i reckon that he could be the one that die too
dunno why just do

minapotter

MP@LJ//HP//SW//LOST//
HSC
Neville can't be the HBP; because he's a full blood. His parents Frank and Alice Longbottom were full blooded wizards.

And for some reason; I think Neville would be left alive- at least till the seventh book. I mean look at it; he earnt his reputation in OoTP he will at least have to live it before he dies and show us his significance of being "the other boy" of the prophecy. We still have too much to learn of him- his past, more about The Longbottoms etc.

I think Neville will live, and become a Herbology Professor at Hogwarts.

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
wat makes u think half blood is refering to his magical powers?
i could simply be refering to the fact that whoever it is only half blood of whatever she is talking about... sorry if that made no sense i didn't know how to write it

and maybe we get to know neville in more detail b4 he dies in this book

nicko88

whatever..
HSC
i reckon the HBP is crabbe. oh, cmon, isn't it obvious...?

minapotter

MP@LJ//HP//SW//LOST//
HSC
mizz_smee said:
wat makes u think half blood is refering to his magical powers?
i could simply be refering to the fact that whoever it is only half blood of whatever she is talking about... sorry if that made no sense i didn't know how to write it
Er, I'm not sure if I'm interpreting this right; but I said that Neville can't be the Half Blood Prince because he isn't half blood, it would be weird to call someone full blood, a half blood prince... Is that what you were talking about?

Oh yes. And definitely. I can imagine Crabbe being the HBP. And the Giant Squid his bride. And they'll have many many merepeople babies. And Moaning Myrtle will be the Godmother. And Harry will propose to Myrtle. And all the fangirls will cry and jump off the Astronomy Tower. Yes.

nicko88

whatever..
HSC
minapotter said:
Oh yes. And definitely. I can imagine Crabbe being the HBP. And the Giant Squid his bride. And they'll have many many merepeople babies. And Moaning Myrtle will be the Godmother. And Harry will propose to Myrtle. And all the fangirls will cry and jump off the Astronomy Tower. Yes.
hahahhahahaha...

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
no not what i was talking bout but it doesn't matter its too hard to put in words...

and i couldn't imagine crabbe being it either

i cant think who else she has refered to as having half blood i havent read the books inawhile so i cant remember all the little details

nicko88

whatever..
HSC
well then if it isn't him, then is must be crookshanks. yes?

after all, scabbers ended up being a human too.

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
Will_Sparky said:
Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg!
bit excited are we?
its only 6 months and 25 days away
shit that seems like a long time :(
why cant she release it in like 2 months?

minapotter

MP@LJ//HP//SW//LOST//
HSC
Now I'm completely going for the Giant Squid. Bets anyone?

For the people who can't stand the *insert animal or similar here is the half blood prince*, here's a list of possible HBP candidates...

- Remus Lupin
- Seamus Finnegan
- Dean Thomas
- Lion Man (the person in the excerpt for the sake of putting him here)
- Godric Gryffindor or one of the founders (A popular but unproven theory)
- Albus Dumbledore (although not proven half blood)
- Aberforth He Who Hangs with Goats (Not sure if the Dumbledores are half blood)
- Nearly Headless Nick
- Hagrid
- Firenze (erk)
- A new character
- Severus Snape (thank you White Rabbit)

Last edited:

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Im happy thats its coming out so early but I dont want a 150 page book....hope its looong

Zahri

Child of Canon
Floating past the Pillar of Storgé in the Mystic K
HSC
minapotter said:
Ergo; my next point: I think/hope Ron dies. *ducks rocks chucked by protective Ron fans* There are many theories out there including the Chess theory, the DIE RON DIE joke theory, the Unicorn wand theory etc that support this argument. And although this is coming from a very very passionate H/Hr shipper: it makes sense that Ron should die. Although I'm thinking more in the seventh book...because one of the trio dying in the sixth enstallment is a bit anticlimatic isn't it? Maybe anti climatic isn't the word.
Typical Pumkin Pie-er. *shakes her head* First thing you do is try to get Ron out of the way.

K2K is one theory that I'm not very fond of. Yes, it makes some sense. No, I don't think it will happen. As to the tealeaves - Jo's aware of how the fandom feels about Ron's joking predictions. She's already confirmed Arthur Weasley won't be Minister for Magic (at least in the next book). I'm not believing magical writing tealeaves. Besides, she said herself "As if I'm going to kill Harry's best friend" (Time Magazine, 2000, check QQQ if you don't believe me!) and that renders all the other 87 quotes about "I'm not telling you, ner!" to be simple distractions. As for Unicorn wands - Cedric is dead, in his grave and rotting. The Second War has already begun. The time for innocent sacrifices has been and passed. Besides, Ron's wand is one of the three in the Trio trifecta. All three wands are special to JKR and, quite possibly, to the story.

Now that I've done my bound duty as one of those on the other side, I can get onto my mandated squeeing time.

So Cool! So super cool!

And mizz_smee, it takes months to simply print all the books for the release date. They have to have around 10 million ready for the release. Not to mention that editing takes heaps of time. Seven months is quite fair, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)