Omg!!! (1 Viewer)

demosthenes

Executive Sardine
HSC
Ok have i made a huge mistake????
We don't ALL have to do a composition and submit it to the board even if we aren't doing composition majors do we (for music 2 i mean...) If so, I am screwed.
Sorry, prob. a dumb question but i have a poor teacher.
Cheers

demosthenes

Executive Sardine
HSC
holy bajesus! i didnt even realise! god my teacher is shit!!! How much of our final mark is it worth?

norri

HSC
demosthenes said:
Ok have i made a huge mistake????
We don't ALL have to do a composition and submit it to the board even if we aren't doing composition majors do we (for music 2 i mean...) If so, I am screwed.
Sorry, prob. a dumb question but i have a poor teacher.
Cheers

don't worry u have plenty of time.....i didn't start my comp that i handed in to the board until about april/may this year..(or last year as it is now 2005...lol).....but then again i started writing other comps before hand but yeh i decided they sucked....lol...but yeh u have plenty of time....stop panicing :)

oh by the way its worth 20% of your internal assessment mark and then only 15 in your hsc exam

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
Well for starters, Australia, NSW, Sydney- and fin
HSC
Yeah, its not much, Dont worry about it..... Our school / music class, all left there compositions to the last minute, I mean the last minute literally they were starting there Comps about a week away from the due date (and no one got below 82 in the HSC, so it was all good ) ... But make sure you keep a Composition diary...

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
Yes you have to do a comp, with max time limit of 2 minutes. You will get penalised if you go over that. It has to be in the style of 'music of the last 25 years' which is stupid really, because there is no such thing as a style of the last 25 yaerrs - everything that happend in the last 25 years is like a summary of the whole 20th century music. You hand in your score and recording but u dont hand in the journal for hsc marking. But you need to do the journal cos it would prolly be used for marking for school asesment marks... You better finish your comp pretty early cos getting together an ensemble and rehaersing and recording and stuff takes a lot of time and effort. Unless your doing a solo piece and u play it urself. Dont leave comp until the last minute cos it can turn into a disaster. Just get it over and done with so then u can concentrate on ur other schoo work and exams, etc

norri

HSC
ummmm....my teacher still has my portfolio coz she's kinda misplaced them atm...which is just grrrreeat....:(

..........and my comp isn't exactly great....coz i suck at comp....and i'm thankful i will never have to do it again....lol.....so in answer to ur question.....no i won't post my comp...

lol.....how helpful was this reply? :p

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
I think I've posted mine somewhere around. I didn't get good marks for them, but I got into the Con, so it can't be all bad.

demosthenes

Executive Sardine
HSC
OK, now that I got over the stress and actually started on it, it really isnt that hard i suppose...i sat down with my instrument, set a few guidelines and played, and i have at least made a start...
But do I just crap on about nothing in the diary?

norri

HSC
basically yes!!

just record everything u have done in writing ur comp.....when u worked on it, things u did, the titles of songs that have influenced u, changes u've made to ur comp etc....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)