omgggggg Stressed over Apple (1 Viewer)

joolee

HSC
this is a true tragedy. it happened to julie this morning.

2 weeks ago i ordered a macbook online n it said it'll be shipped on the 12th, however this morning iMac had an upgrade; Core 2 Duo processor.. im afraid they'll upgrade the macbooks soon too =(.

thus i went to cancel my online order, n realised the shipping has delayed till the 26th. BUT IT WOULDN'T LET ME CANCEL prolly due to the fact my macbook was configured; i added some more ram. but its only the 7th n they've already configured my macbook? pfft so i called appleservice center n the dude said he has no idea why it wouldn't let me cancel. he said he'll speak to the managers tomorrow n give me a reply.. omg im so scared.. what if they dont let me cancel the order and right after i get it.. the new macbook releases.. omggggg wut do i do! life sucks =( =(

Collin

HSC
N/A
They won't be on Macbooks anytime soon. Meroms (Core2 Duos) aren't expected to reach Apple's laptop range until 07' now due to several issues.

joolee

HSC
omg you sure? ive read heaps of rumours online about it. come to think of it i wouldn't actually mind waiting till 07'. right now im just stressed over the fact that i might no have the chance to cancel my product.. so gay

Collin

HSC
N/A
No one is absolutely sure, but speculation is rife within Intel's ranks regarding potential problems of getting Meroms into Macbooks due to closely-entwined issues relating to volume and Apple's limited range.

And why are you so worried about MUST having a Core2 anyway?

joolee

HSC
i dont really mind what i have. but anyone would be pissed if a new upgrade of their recently purchased item releases right away. i dont think i can sleep tonight =( what if tomorrow they tell me i cant cancel it? omg..

i feel bad already, having purchased an iMac recently n it got upgraded today =( same price, but faster cpu, and 1gig ram instead of 512, also with buit in airport.. i just dont want the same thing happening again

nwatts

HSC
oh chill out. technology is always going to advance beyond what you're able to keep up with. the beauty of the macs is that they manage to keep up in their latter years. using a powerbook G4 the other day, and unless i pushed it, there wasn't a lot it couldn't handle.

i've had a macbook for around 2 months now, and despite a faulty hard disk, it's an exceptional machine.

this all begs the question of why you ordered it in the first place, if you're contented to wait till 2007 for the core 2 duos, then you would have known that when you put the original order in.

Collin

HSC
N/A
Technology changes at an alarming pace, kiddo. Imagine how I feel that my once king of the hill $1,050 video card is now worth a measly $300 or less? Imagine how I felt 4 weeks after I bought a Pentium M laptop, the Core Duo was released?

How did I feel? Not much, because technology changes fast and you'll never keep up if you're hell bent on playing the waiting game.

Merom is an improvement over Yonah, but definitely not something to be screaming about. I really have to just tell you to get over it.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Macbooks won't be upgraded as they were just released recently. iMacs haven't been refreshed for ages.

Also, if they do upgrade within 2 weeks of you purchasing one, you can return for a replacement of the upgraded model in some cases.

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
Why bother? (at original post)

Welcome to technology, things are always upgraded not too long after you buy them. If you waited for that upgrade and bought it, it's upgraded again a few months later.

Where do you draw the line in stopping waiting for more upgrades and purchasing?

The Macbooks won't be upgraded again for a while as jm0-9 points out, just be happy with your purchase.

Collin

HSC
N/A
Macbooks won't be upgraded for awhile due to volume and Apple's limited range issues. It's not to do with Macbooks being a relatively new notebook range.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)