on a 'break' (1 Viewer)

jen23

my bf and i have been having a few probs for a while now. its v on and off... really great, then he seems totally not interested in me. yesterday we decided to go on a break so he could figure out his feelings. ive gotta admit im upset.. if u used the ladder theory (hahaha) then i dont get it.. i dont mean to sound stuck up but im the more attractive of the two of us, ive always been nice and thoughtful with him, we have a great sex life, we are soo comfortable together, and he loves me (and says he did for 6months before we went out). i dont get it... i did everything right that i can think of, so why is he now unsure?!?

my friends all tell me to get over it cause hes being a loser and i can find better, but i love him and dont want to let him go. plus, its an 'exclusive' break... so although hes no longer my bf, we still aren't getting with others (this was his way of proving to me this wasnt cause he wants to be single for schoolies etc). has anyone else every been on a 'break'?? how long did it last, why and what was the outcome?

i dont know what i did wrong... advice please!!

aimstar555

HSC
lucy63, i'm goin through almost EXACTLY the same experience...only mine started a week B4 the HSC. my "bf" has just got back from schoolies (he finished his HSC really early) and i'm TRYING to work things out B4 our formal (which is only 5 days away).

i know it's sucha horrible situation 2b in, but u gotta ask yourself: do you see yourself and your guy sustaining a relationship next year?? or do ya wanna be single once uni starts?? that's wat i'm doin rite now: thinking, is it all really worth it?

anywaz i hope you have more luck than me: talk to him and maybe being friends is the better option or see if your both willing to work it out.

Good luck lucy63. let me know if things are okay. peace out :)

jen23

yeah your right. ive been thinking if he isnt as attentive and kind and thoughtful as he was when we first started going out then i dunno if i can stand the feeling of being hurt for much longer. his formal is on tuesday.. and im going. hahaha. i dont know what to say when people as if hes my bf.. "well, let me explain! he was, now hes doubting us so we're on an exclusive break". its all a bit complex. my mum and stuff keep telling me that being single for uni is best, so im trying to keep that in mind. we'll see ay? thanks for replying aimstar555 :)

shortie_689

HSC
Yeah same with my bf but I am the disinterested one...
I can ask one thing where u really in love with him? Like this isnt a bad thing but my ex he got so madly in love i just had to go on a break for him to cool down

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
shortie_689 said:
I can ask one thing where u really in love with him? Like this isnt a bad thing but my ex he got so madly in love i just had to go on a break for him to cool down
i swear to God u sound lik my ex :|

jen23

shortie_689 said:
i guess i was to an extent.. at first he was the keen one and i was the disinterested one, then during hsc it changed, and now its the opposite. now im trying to give him space, and im not contacting him etc, but his formals tommorrow... so its hard to ignore him when ive gotta see him everyother day. maybe i should just tone it down and let him sort through his feelings..

django_

HSC
all i gotta say is...i dont see the sense in breaks.

im not aiming this personally at u lucy, but generally. if peoples relationships are 'bad' enough to have to go on a break then theres no point getting back together.

DopeyB

HSC
lucy63 said:
my bf and i have been having a few probs for a while now. its v on and off... really great, then he seems totally not interested in me. yesterday we decided to go on a break so he could figure out his feelings. ive gotta admit im upset.. if u used the ladder theory (hahaha) then i dont get it.. i dont mean to sound stuck up but im the more attractive of the two of us, ive always been nice and thoughtful with him, we have a great sex life, we are soo comfortable together, and he loves me (and says he did for 6months before we went out). i dont get it... i did everything right that i can think of, so why is he now unsure?!?

my friends all tell me to get over it cause hes being a loser and i can find better, but i love him and dont want to let him go. plus, its an 'exclusive' break... so although hes no longer my bf, we still aren't getting with others (this was his way of proving to me this wasnt cause he wants to be single for schoolies etc). has anyone else every been on a 'break'?? how long did it last, why and what was the outcome?

i dont know what i did wrong... advice please!!

he's cheating on ya honey. fucking some skinny blonde bitch behind ur back

jen23

yay, its ok now.. i went to his formal last night, and before it started he was like "i really need to talk to you.." and i was like "ok?" and he said that the break had made him miss me so much and that he'd realised he loved me more than ever and was sorry for being such a jerk. so we made up and now its ok :) yay!! thanks for the posts though guys!

S

Shuter

lucy63 said:
he said that the break had made him miss me so much and that he'd realised he loved me more than ever and was sorry for being such a jerk
Translation:

I went out looking for some other bitches to fuck but found out I actually can't do any better so please take me back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)