On a Scale of 1 to 10, how prepared are you for tomorrow ? (1 Viewer)

andybandy

HSC
3, english has just killed my atar. I dont know why im bothering anymore

andybandy

HSC
I feel the exact same way, I don't even want to turn up tomorrow. Hmm decisions
Same, i just hope i at least do better then 60% tomorrow, but now im gonna have to get at least band 6 in every subject now to even have a chance at 85 +

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Right now, probably a 3. After studying tomorrow morning, maybe 6-8 i guess.

Raolan

HSC
I dunno why people put so much stress on English. It doesn't damage your ATAR as much as you think it does. Lets say you blow out in English and get like 60, if you get a minimum of band 5 in everything else and your subjects are harder ones (e.g software) then you'll still get an ATAR ~>80

On topic, probably a 3.

kpopism

HSC
3, meaning im only prepared for one of the modules
im going to prepare for one other module tonight and then
the easiest one tomorrow morning. that cramming life yo Bl #screwed.

rednellav

HSC
Completely screwed for module B if they ask anything specific.

The other two module's will be meh. Depends on how mean they are with the questions.

Probably ~3.

Kinda hoping the rest of the state is in the same boat. Doubt it though.

YouKnowWho

HSC
I dunno why people put so much stress on English. It doesn't damage your ATAR as much as you think it does. Lets say you blow out in English and get like 60, if you get a minimum of band 5 in everything else and your subjects are harder ones (e.g software) then you'll still get an ATAR ~>80

On topic, probably a 3.
I don't know, judging by my shit ranking from the trails I think it's a slim chance. Also if you're an idiot like me and started studying last minute, English takes up a lot of your time, especially if you have to write down 3 essays following with learning them by heart (I wanted to redo all my essays because my drafts were all weak due to doing it last minute). All this takes away the precious time to study for my other subjects which I would have a better chance in because it doesn't require creativity, is much less subjective and straight forward answers. Up until I started the study for English I was super motivated but now I have none left. Anyways that's my personal reason for stressing over English..

YouKnowWho

HSC
Completely screwed for module B if they ask anything specific.

The other two module's will be meh. Depends on how mean they are with the questions.

Probably ~3.

Kinda hoping the rest of the state is in the same boat. Doubt it though.
Well they were pretty generous on the area of study. If there is any consistency with the standards of the questions we MIGHT have a chance.

Raolan

HSC
I don't know, judging by my shit ranking from the trails I think it's a slim chance. Also if you're an idiot like me and started studying last minute, English takes up a lot of your time, especially if you have to write down 3 essays following with learning them by heart (I wanted to redo all my essays because my drafts were all weak due to doing it last minute). All this takes away the precious time to study for my other subjects which I would have a better chance in because it doesn't require creativity, is much less subjective and straight forward answers. Up until I started the study for English I was super motivated but now I have none left. Anyways that's my personal reason for stressing over English..
Stop trying to memorize essays. That's for people that have been studying for months already. I haven't bothered trying to do that. For Paper 1 I just wrote an essay for Romulus, My Father and then memorized all the quotes/techniques I used in it.

Plus if you memorize an essay and it ends up being terrible for the question, you're screwed and probably don't remember enough of the rest of the text to write one on the spot.

YouKnowWho

HSC
Stop trying to memorize essays. That's for people that have been studying for months already. I haven't bothered trying to do that. For Paper 1 I just wrote an essay for Romulus, My Father and then memorized all the quotes/techniques I used in it.

Plus if you memorize an essay and it ends up being terrible for the question, you're screwed and probably don't remember enough of the rest of the text to write one on the spot.
Thanks for the advice but I'm too afraid to take that risk. I don't know about you but I cannot construct an essay under all that pressure I have to have something prepared for backup, but that being said if everything goes to crap I'm going to have to stick with memorizing quotes and techniques.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)