On Campus Accomodation (1 Viewer)

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
trenches next session will = FIRST YEAR HOVEL haha

to anyone here who has applied i would advise you when you accept to ring up and beg and plead to be put in hospital... take my word for it
trenches is a good time, but hospital is unreal.

that being said neither is 130 self catered

trev_2541

HSC
Hey Guys,
Im interested in coming to UOW next year but I want Catered accomodation at any price but I also want my own phone line, any suggestions? Is Campus East good for that?

Also where is Weerona? at the innovation Campus becaus i want to either be on the actual campus or innovation

Thanx,
Adam

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
There isn't accomodation on campus except at koolabong (which isn't avaliable for first years)

Why do you mention the innovation campus? No classes are held there.

trev_2541

HSC
"Why do you mention the innovation campus? No classes are held there."

I thought that Campus East was on the Innovation Campus? Correct? If not where is it? Also I was curious as to the location of Weroona and what is te Party life @ either of those places?

On another note I was wondering where is the closest Woolworths to the two accomodations (as it will be my place of employment)

Cheers,
Adam

kashby

HSC
Hey ppl,
I'm wanting accomodation on-campus next year at UOW and was wondering if applying for it as early as possible would increase my chances of being accepted. Also, I am currently enrolled at the Batemans Bay campus and am wanting to transfer up to the Wollongong campus; would this increase or decrease my chances of being accepted into accom, or would it not make a difference?
Thanks

nwatts

HSC
I highly doubt either would change your chances, but for pure practicality i'd apply as early as you can. It's one less thing you need to worry about when it comes time to enrol and everything.

Which campus were you thinking of?

My experiences slide with weerona, but there are many CE fans around.

kashby

HSC
At the moment any campus. I'm not fussy as long as I get accomadation. I don't want to be stuck down here in the bay for another year! lol.

kashby

HSC
No I haven't seen the various campuses, I a have only seen the Wollongong University campus once. Thanks for your advice though, it is muchly appreciated. Unfortunately I am unable to get to Wollongong to take a look at the campuses, so could someone please give me a quick summary of what each one is like.

nwatts

HSC
You should grab a mate and go on some kind of wild roadtrip during the spring semester o-week to get a feel of the colleges because as kaz said, they all feel fairly different.

CE has stacks of people, you've got more space to yourself. Weerona is about a third the size, everyone seems a lot closer, cosier vibe. Haven't been to the others.

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
just to let everyone know campus east has recently provided internet access for all rooms so its not a problem anymore for anyone
also i believe self catered will be going up from $145 a week to $150 next year

kind of annoying considering when i moved in last year i was only paying $130

this is one of the reasons why im moving out at the end of session. i still love ce but after two years i think its time to move on and out

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
you could be right ill ask the head of halls about it and post what he says

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
Without Wings said:
Applications for Campus Accommodation close on 30 Nov - online application here.
Hmm they close before the 2006 UAIs are released? That's a bummer... not even sure if I'll even get into UoW and don't exactly have $40 I could spare to take the chance. Guess I'll wait for the July intakes, but any idea on how hard it would be to get a place then?

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
Without Wings said:
You will find that most universities campus applications close before UAI's are released.

It's easier to get a place during the July intake then the start of year, but I would recommend start of year, as at the start of the year there is a large number of new students - so you are all in the same boat together etc. Plus o-week at the start of the year is better then midyear ;)
Think I'll take the risk and apply anyway I guess, should add to motivation of trying to actually get the UAI for Wollongong anyway since I've got my application fee on the line ;p Or maybe I'll just wait and see how confident I'll be with my results once the exams are over.

Thanks.

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
i agree with wongy, you dont really want to miss oweek on campus because its then that you will meet your group of mates that youll keep for the rest of your campus life... it seems by the end of oweek people have already formed into their cliques

did i say seems? i meant thats exactly the way it is
youll enjoy east, 99% of people who start their do, especially if you are a sociable person

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
oh
well what i said is true for all campuses. besides richard johnson... id rather eat my own head

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
well that was for the betterment of the world to be honest
why did they close it?
(see im not privy to this info anymore now that i jumped ship from the r.a)

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
ahhh right
like campus accomodation that isnt for fundamentalist christians
rcj used to be hell to try and deal with back in the r.a days... everything i suggested was slammed and i saw the nostrils of them far too often

struth

HSC
Are there interviews for accomodation?

Or was it just the form? Have only recieved the receipt so far...

struth

HSC
For anybody else who is interested, it turns out it largely depends on what Campus you want to stay at. For Campus East, there are no interviews.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)