on lap-top.. (2 Viewers)

sladehk

le random
HSC

Affinity

HSC
You can get something a little better for that amount of $ and your pushing it a bit with the video card.

Last edited:

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Sony's are a rip off. You are paying for the "style" and not the technology.

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
You are paying for the "style" and not the technology.
So?

You seriously don't want to be bringing a 3kg laptop to uni though. Go for something lighter and smaller.

sunny

meh.
HSC
_dhj_ said:
So?

You seriously don't want to be bringing a 3kg laptop to uni though. Go for something lighter and smaller.
Style doesn't mean smaller and lighter. What they meant by style is the design and the name tag. You can get smaller and lighter laptops with comparable specs to VAIOs for the same price, simply because its not a Sony. Theres no use for a laptop that looks good unless it does what you need it to and feels like cheap plastic.

OP: HT isn't the most competively priced place...would be worth your time looking elsewhere.

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
Probably phrased my post badly the "So" isn't linked to the second sentence.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
_dhj_ said:
So?

So getting ripped off a good thing?

You can get the same kind of thing from someone else cheaper. The only difference is it doesn't have Sony written on it.

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
So getting ripped off a good thing?

You can get the same kind of thing from someone else cheaper. The only difference is it doesn't have Sony written on it.
Aesthetics matter when it comes to laptops. And who'd want to buy a replica Sony?

iamsickofyear12

HSC
_dhj_ said:
Aesthetics matter when it comes to laptops. And who'd want to buy a replica Sony?

You aren't paying for aesthetics so much as the name Sony. Plenty of other people make nice looking laptops and they are cheaper.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
get an asus if you want good specs and good price

Collin

HSC
N/A
_dhj_ said:
That's a big call to make on behalf of everyone. I know I'd personally pay for performance and get a less attractive look than pay the same price for a brand-name machine which looks like a million bucks but performs crap.

Collin

HSC
N/A
Musk said:
i got an asus and im very impressed with it, like it hasnt had any problems (however the battery life has been a bit disappointing but buying a new one is easier than buying a new motherboard) ; mines almost a yr old and ive did the worst thing ever, i dropped it bad and all it got was a few scraches from the cornor (which is ok since I DROPPED IT) and it works perfectly
Yes, Asus make good laptops.

Musk said:
ASUS <3, they are the laptops u wanna get; offcourse you can threaten ppl n not get worried about ur laptop getting stolen if u buy a shit dell. just put a sticker on it saying (caution: has faulty battery lol) BOOM!
You realise that Toshiba, Fujitsu, Apple, Hitachi and IBM had the same battery problems right? You knew that the fault was with the Sony-made batteries? Right?

Bloody hell.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
Musk said:
i got an asus and im very impressed with it, like it hasnt had any problems (however the battery life has been a bit disappointing but buying a new one is easier than buying a new motherboard) ; mines almost a yr old and ive did the worst thing ever, i dropped it bad and all it got was a few scraches from the cornor (which is ok since I DROPPED IT) and it works perfectly

ASUS <3, they are the laptops u wanna get; offcourse you can threaten ppl n not get worried about ur laptop getting stolen if u buy a shit dell. just put a sticker on it saying (caution: has faulty battery lol) BOOM!

btw which uni ur going 2?

like i know unsw and uts has lap top stealing issues so i never bring mine from home, just use a computer there
uts hopefully
yeah my friend told me about laptops being stolen at uts, usyd and unsw, so now ill doubt ill ever take it to uni

if it wasnt for the mediocre battery life, then the asus w5f is certainly one of the best models for the price i paid for
no regrets at all

iamsickofyear12

HSC
azn_gangsta81 said:
uts hopefully
yeah my friend told me about laptops being stolen at uts, usyd and unsw, so now ill doubt ill ever take it to uni
If you don't leave it lying around it can't get stolen.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
If you don't leave it lying around it can't get stolen.
thats basically common sense

but im saying that there has been incidents where my friends got threatened and were forced to hand over laptops

same could be said about mobile phones though

iamsickofyear12

HSC
azn_gangsta81 said:
thats basically common sense

but im saying that there has been incidents where my friends got threatened and were forced to hand over laptops

same could be said about mobile phones though
You could always carry a knife.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
You could always carry a knife.
might as well carry an ak 47
or i could just attach explosives to my notebook......

sunny

meh.
HSC
I've been at uni 4 years with a laptop with no problems. Like people have said, its common sense. Everyone I know who has lost one was because they left it unattended (usually in the library)

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
You should look into investing in a backpack that will carry your laptop.
You will be less likely to be targeted by someone trying to mug you because its not as obvious as carrying "this a laptop inside" bag.
Have a look

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)