On line Study Group (2 Viewers)

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
hopefully this forum will suffice :) it's meant to be like an 'online study group' we're all here to help eachother out

what other ideas did you have in mind?

what issue for a domestic human right have people got? i'm using that "Forbidden Love" for a international one, or should I get another one? I couldn't find stuff on that prisoner abuse thing.....

also, who else does Consumer and Family, and did the CSSA trial? Because I totally failed, an if anyone can help me...

Last edited:

mack

Banned
HSC
Modern Hot Chic said:
what issue for a domestic human right have people got? i'm using that "Forbidden Love" for a international one, or should I get another one? I couldn't find stuff on that prisoner abuse thing.....

also, who else does Consumer and Family, and did the CSSA trial? Because I totally failed, an if anyone can help me...
I think the child sex tourism is a good domestic right issue, as things such as CROC articles have recently been enacted into legislation, so its good to discuss effectiveness of changing legislation.

Tammie

Is the CCSA paper the catholic one, coz our school did that 1. I did family and world order thou.... i did ok thou i got about 84%.......Does n e 1 do world order and got notes they want to swap with me?

Christie35

Syllabus Summay - or the start of one. Please contribute.

LEGAL STUDIES REVISION

Topic 1: Law and Justice

 The Essential Influences on the Law

Rule of Law:- the law must apply equally to all members of society

NO ONE IS ABOVE THE LAW

People must be made aware of what is lawful and unlawful

Social

Cultural

Moral

Political

Economic

 Nature of Law

Development of Law as a Reflection of Past and Present Society

THE DOCTRINE OF PRECEDENT

Innocent until Proven Guilty

Standards of Proof – Balance of Probabilities (Civil) & Beyond Reasonable Doubt (Criminal)

Australia’s development of a Federal system of courts and governments > variety in State, Federal and local laws.

Multicultural society

• More Accepting view of homosexual and same sex relationships
• Tolerance
• Vast range of religions and spiritual practices

English Law came to Australia with the arrival of the First Fleet as well as colonization. Developed the Doctrine of Reception: - distinguished between colonies that have been gained by conquest (war) or agreement (treaty) and colonies that had been claimed by finding and that were also ‘uncultivated’: This doctrine gave extensive law making and enforcing power to the King / Queen.

If, on the other hand, the English created a colony in an uncultivated land, the doctrine of reception indicated that English laws applied automatically to colonists and others who were in that land.

Customary law, Common Law and Civil law Systems

Customary law is a law which has developed over a long period of time resultant of customs of a group.

Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander customary law – based on tradition, ritual and The Dreaming.

English customary law – led to the development of customary law

International customary law

Common law – law made by parliaments

Civil law – laws relating to disputes, comes from the decisions of courts, traditionally made by the courts

Doctrine of Natural Justice

All people are entitled to be heard and all people are entitled to receive a fair hearing with a non – biased judge.

The Purpose of Different Types of Law

Domestic and International Law: - designed to control the behaviours and relationships between the citizens of the nation – states.

International law: - law system which governs relationships between countries or nation – states. The purpose of this law is to enable nation – states to maintain peaceful and productive relationships and to enable citizens of different nation – states to conduct business and personal affairs with each other.

Public Law: – deal with disputes between the state and the citizen and with the law – making powers of governments.

Private Law: - decide personal disputes fairly and peacefully.
Contract Law – deal with agreements made between people

Torts: deal with the behaviour of people who ignore other people or their property; wrongful act against someone

Property Law: deal with the ownership – deals with relationships between owners, tenants, lesses, buyers and sellers

Civil law deals with disputes between private individuals or institutions

Criminal law deals with acts or omissions committed against the whole community for which punishments are determined by the State.

Tammie

I'll have to scan the essay coz its still on the trail paper 9 havent types it)and send it to you ...the family one was ok but not that great im not sure coz i think my skool marks pretty easy hopefully it wil help.....wats ur email?

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
isnt better to form a study group?
better interactions between people.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)