On the topic of University Transfers... (1 Viewer)

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
What if someone wanted to transfer to a course say BMedScience/BEng (double degree) at UTS which is UAI of 86.5 (2005) required. And say the persons' UAI was 88 (obtained 2003), would they qualify to transfer through UAC and into the course from a similar degree? Likewise, BScience to BMedScience at the same institution?

I have a friend who did Marine Science and can't transfer to MedScience and can't even transfer to BScience (only allowed to transfer to BArt THEN BScience) yet he has the UAI.

Last edited:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
It would depend on the university institution i'd say, most uni's arent as free form as MQ i guess :)

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
M_86 said:
What does this person mean by that
Macquarie isn't as strict when it comes to transfers. If you have a GPA of like 2.8 they'll slip you into a course that required a GPA of 3.0.

But that doesn't make Macquarie an easy Uni. By far really...

M_86

HSC
bscienceboi said:
Macquarie isn't as strict when it comes to transfers. If you have a GPA of like 2.8 they'll slip you into a course that required a GPA of 3.0.

But that doesn't make Macquarie an easy Uni. By far really...
O is this for internal transfers or external as well.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
External transfers are handled by UAC

Internal are handled by the respective universities.

bsci: I was thinking more about the structure/restrictions of MQ transfers, in that inter-faculty transfers are very much a possibility unlike other uni's i've heard about.

M_86

HSC
Not true actually.
Internal transfers and external transfers at newcstle university are handled by uac.
Which isnt very good for me.
Dam UAI, pulling me down.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
M_86 said:
Not true actually.
Internal transfers and external transfers at newcstle university are handled by uac.
Which isnt very good for me.
Dam UAI, pulling me down.
I wasn't aware we had internal transfers, only external? I thought the only internal "transfers" were for those with a double degree wishing to switch to a single, which as far as I knew was handled within the uni..

EDIT: spelling errors.

Last edited:

yesdear11

Hey Frigid

The credit point business, they say you need one year of full time study at university to be able to transfer. That is equivalent to 48 credit points for most unis? At Macquarie a full year of study is 24 credit points. So does that mean you need to do 2 years at Macquarie to accumulated 48 cp to be able to transfer?

I only have 23 credit points =( coz of Japanese.. i might have to do summer schoool

stazi

Nightman
HSC
yesdear11 said:
Hey Frigid

The credit point business, they say you need one year of full time study at university to be able to transfer. That is equivalent to 48 credit points for most unis? At Macquarie a full year of study is 24 credit points. So does that mean you need to do 2 years at Macquarie to accumulated 48 cp to be able to transfer?

I only have 23 credit points =( coz of Japanese.. i might have to do summer schoool
You need whatever is equivelant to 1 Full time load at your school. So in macqueerie, you'd need 24 credit points to transfer.
Also, if applying through UAC, summer school won't count

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
yesdear11 said:
Hey Frigid

Incorrect.

I transferred through UAC doing 11 cp + 9 cp during last year.

You can transfer, it depends on if there is a quota, and whether the demand outstrips the places.

And why not transfer internally?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
myuechen said:
Hi i am a second year student looking to transfer univeristy. I was wondering if they take my 1st years result or sencond year results to calcualate my marks.

Thanks in advance
both .

myuechen

HSC
help with transfer

Hi i am a second year student looking to transfer univeristy. I was wondering if they take my 1st years result or sencond year results to calcualate my marks.

Thanks in advance

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
"For Non Current School Leavers only, bonus points may be added to an applicant’s qualification assessment up to a maximum of 10 as a result of the assessment of an optional personal statement."

This was for the Personal Statement Application found on UTS.

televators

HSC
hold the phone jack...

i applied for a transfer from Macq to UNSW for next year

however, i only will have 21 credit points (42 equivalent to NSW, other unis, etc.)...what will happen? cos i really want to transfer

like based on recent trends, i know my 2004 UAI is more than enough for most of my preferences- but im confused to what constitutes 'full time' and whatnot...

any feedback would be greatly appreciated...

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
What are the chances of getting transferred if your seleciton ranking is in the 80's. I know theres no definate answer but has anyone been able to transfer with an 85-ish selection rank to say a 90UAI course?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Usually faculties have transfer application forms. Enquire at your faculty's student centre.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)