One Day ... I'm a Goner... (1 Viewer)

Adam.Meads

HSC
In Year 11, I was in the top 10% in Gen Maths in our school.

Now I'm in about the 35th percentile. My internal mark was around about 60%, compared to 80+% in Year 11.

There are several branches of the Maths that I don't understand.

Our teacher has been terrible ... She refused to give me any past papers, or even any help, because I didn't purchase Success One. Then she effectively told me bad luck.

Now with one day til Maths HSC, I just tried to do some Review Questions out the back of the text book... I could hardly get one right.

The main topics that I am struggling with are:
- Sine and Cosine rules, especially with regards to Angle of Elevation / Depression.
- Volume and area of irregular shapes and composites.
- Probability
- Credit and Loans, and Annuities

I know this is a majority of the course, thats why it is so urgent.

I DO NOT have a copy of Success One.

Nor do I have any past papers.

How should I go about last minute study, especially when my understanding of the course is very poor?

I'm aiming for a mark of around 70%, which is a 12% improvement on my Trial Mark. Yet I was more confident going into the Trials than I am with the HSC.

My marks for other subjects should be OK, with hopefully high B5s or Low B6s in PE and Ancient History.

So it all rests on Maths - and this mental blank I seem to have with it.

I can't really even concentrate on doing questions, I just look at an Angle of Elevation question out of my textbook, and consider it "too hard," so I dont do it. Motivation is 0, even though I have cause for motivation.

Anyways, any help would be much appreciated, my UAI rests on my General Maths mark, which at this stage, is looking around 55%

Razor

HSC
You can get past papers off the BoS site. our school purchased a set of Sucess One for our year, but i am just using some other trial papers 2 practice, as i know the majority, its cutting down on mistakes. Thats the main thing that will lose you marks, is not the fact you cant do something, its making mistakes on something you do know, so just make sure you read everything carefully and dont make silly mistakes

courtneyrox

HSC
if you go on the actual board of studies website they have all past exam questions which include formula sheets and stuff.. just do as many of these as possible.

p.s ur teacher is mean

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)