ONE DAYY LEFTT (1 Viewer)

puffnicole

HSC
all i know is that it is what it is
im really second-guessing all of my preparation for english but its too late to do anything about it so im just hoping it works out for me in the exam
we'll be fine guys!!!!

thatmailman

HSC
Hey guys, for mod C, are we supposed to quote the text that inspired us in our justification? For example, if you were inspired to use metaphor from a text, would you insert a quote depicting this technique into the justification?
Completely winged it for trials but wondering what the actual structure is.

Thanks!

beetree1

HSC
Hey guys, for mod C, are we supposed to quote the text that inspired us in our justification? For example, if you were inspired to use metaphor from a text, would you insert a quote depicting this technique into the justification?

Thanks!
yeah, write reflections like youre writing an essay where the text is your own creative piece. PEEL.

shashysha

HSC

Thanks!
don't think you're supposed to directly quote the text, you could just namedrop it and say "I drew inspiration of the stylistic use of metaphors which (author) utilised in (mod c text) to blah blah," but it probably wouldn't matter too much if you did include it in your reflection. It's more about justifying your writing process than quoting your prescribed text.

thatmailman

HSC
yeah, write reflections like youre writing an essay where the text is your own creative piece. PEEL.
Wait so you mean quote your own creative piece right? I understood that, but I was just wondering if we do the same for the parent text that inspired our creative. Thanks for the reminder though!

thatmailman

HSC
don't think you're supposed to directly quote the text, you could just namedrop it and say "I drew inspiration of the stylistic use of metaphors which (author) utilised in (mod c text) to blah blah," but it probably wouldn't matter too much if you did include it in your reflection. It's more about justifying your writing process than quoting your prescribed text.
Yeah this is what I heard but I wasn't too sure. How tf are you supposed to fill up ~700 words with no analysis lmao I'm gone

shashysha

HSC
Yeah this is what I heard but I wasn't too sure. How tf are you supposed to fill up ~700 words with no analysis lmao I'm gone
I am by no means a good english student but I think the bulk of your reflection would be explaining why you chose to write about such topic (you could probably throw some anecdotes in here), why you chose techniques (influenced from your mod C text) and the effect it has on the audience. Honestly as soon as I hit mod c reflection my brain autopiloted cause i was essentially done so i don't really remember my thought process throughout lol

jojosiwa123

HSC
There's a Russian saying something like - You can't catch your breath before you die

That's what I feel like rn
hahaha that's a good way to put it..
the only thing genuinely keeping me going is knowing after wednesday I can burn all my english notes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)