One Debate: SBS Radio TV Orchestra or SYO..(or SYOA)? (1 Viewer)

Which is best/your favorite Youth Orchestra?

• SBS Radio and Television Orchestra

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Sydney Youth Orchestra Association

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
Well for starters, Australia, NSW, Sydney- and fin
HSC
QUestion, to all those who know of SBS youth Orchestra.. YAY!!! :D and those who play/ have played in Sydney Youth Orchestra, or any other of the SYOA Groups, Including Syd Youth Phil * Lol *

~Just a brief arguement between a friend and mine about which one is considered more musically adept, and usefull........ trying to get a friend to join SBS :p *yayness*

timyates_87

Hello.
HSC
SBS -vs- SYOA

*cough* SBS *cough* SYOA charges way to much for their concerts!! :D

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
SBSYO and SYO are both extremely good orchestras, but the SYO has the edge in terms of eliteness. SBS Youth Choir on the other hand, was absolute shithouse, and collapsed in an ignominious heap in 2000, tarnishing the name of the SBSYO by association.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Bunny04 said:
SBS Youth Choir, Yes indeed was Shithouse, but orchestra better ......
YAY Go SBS ! :p *cough* >Lol
I wonder what happened to Larry Hammond. Last time I saw him was when he tried to sue me for libel, when I threatened to sue him (on the behalf of the choristers) for fraud, and got him on the news and current affairs shows around August of 2000.

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
You guys must all have the same bug. You're all coughing a lot :p

=Mike B=

HSC
N/A
that coughing crap sh|ts me! aaaaah stop it! make it stop!

:D

SBSYO and SYO are both extremely good orchestras, but the SYO has the edge in terms of eliteness. SBS Youth Choir on the other hand, was absolute shithouse, and collapsed in an ignominious heap in 2000, tarnishing the name of the SBSYO by association.

I beg to differ. "The edge in terms of eliteness." Just becuase they play in televised events more than us?

I dont beleive that SBSYOs name was tarnished at all. Only people who knew of the SBSYC would know about it. Anyway... this isnt about a non-existent choir. Its about the Orchestra....

Just for all of you... you get a size five font.

weird :|

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
HSC
yeah .. but hang on the only televised event SYOA has done was the Ohhhhh soooo Bloody awful Bledisloe Cup a couple of years ago.( sydney Youth Philharmonic SYOA) .. and the Carols in the domain every year... and the standard of SYO and the whole of SYOA has dropped remarkably

ja`-/se

HSC
ive neva been in sbs - wats it like? is it prof or amateur? do u get paid like ayo? i uno i reckon SYO is *waves* alrite, mmm ^0)

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
HSC
SBS is good. loads of concerts, loads of Different repetoire, unlinke SYO were you sit with the same repetoire for an entire term, you get to switch round stuff and do heaps more ... Amateur... just like SYO except for the final Messiah Concert at end of year... get paid for that....

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
AYO is stupid. They charge you a helluva lot of money to audition, and then your chances of getting in are slim.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)