ONE urban dynamic? (1 Viewer)

rabbitohs123

HSC
N/A
Would Urban Decay be classed as ONE?

Or is urban decay/renewal classed as ONE?

B3A13

HSC
Uni Grad
I would just do both to be sure. But I think it is one, they normally ask for two.

rabbitohs123

HSC
N/A
I would just do both to be sure. But I think it is one, they normally ask for two.
I think if they ask for 2 ill do Urban decay & urban renewal

If they ask for 1 I'll do urban decay/renewal

YOLO

It does say only 1 urban dynamics case study tho

EvansOne

HSC
N/A
If they asked for one you'd still be expected to talk about others, and how they affect that one urban dynamic. For example if you selected urban renewal, you would have to explain that it comes about due to urban decay, and that the renewal of the area can often lead to urban consolidation. I think that was a problem a lot of markers noted when they asked for one only in 2007, needed to relate it back to other dynamics while maintaining a critical analysis of the one you selected.

rabbitohs123

HSC
N/A
If they asked for one you'd still be expected to talk about others, and how they affect that one urban dynamic. For example if you selected urban renewal, you would have to explain that it comes about due to urban decay, and that the renewal of the area can often lead to urban consolidation. I think that was a problem a lot of markers noted when they asked for one only in 2007, needed to relate it back to other dynamics while maintaining a critical analysis of the one you selected.
Ok then I would focus on the renewal of pyrmont. But include that it's decay was brought about by suburbanisation of industry and such, hmmmmm

Thanks for the pointer

Dash8

HSC
omfg just realised the case study we did covers all urban dynamics, not just one. My teacher is an idiot....Now i have no where near enough information to cover just one urban dynamic....also my stupid fault for not reading the syllabus carefully....

rabbitohs123

HSC
N/A
omfg just realised the case study we did covers all urban dynamics, not just one. My teacher is an idiot....Now i have no where near enough information to cover just one urban dynamic....also my stupid fault for not reading the syllabus carefully....
Did you do urban decay/renewal on pyrmont?

EvansOne

HSC
N/A
Don't sweat it! You can blab on about urban renewal in Pyrmont (or whichever dynamic/case study you're doing) with surprisingly little information. It's good to have the information, but common sense prevails in geography more than most other subjects. It's also terribly unlikely that we will see a repeat of 2010's question so you should be safe!

Oh, and I almost forgot...some decent info on urban renewal here if you need it! Not a ton but enough to work from. http://www.boredofstudies.org/courses/arts/geography/1340632207_2009_Geography_Notes.pdf

Last edited:

Dash8

HSC
thanks for that! I think i have enough information now haha...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)