Online Applications (1 Viewer)

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Nowadays, most big employers use online applications.

To me, I think it's shxt. It even makes you question whether they read it or not and some close-ended questions are just dodgy.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I agree. As much as interviews scare me, I'd rather speak face to face with a person.

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
yeah ... its so dodgy when u go to store in person and then they give you the website adress and tell u to go online .. but what can ya do

toisthbe

Evil Member
Originally posted by *girl04*
yeah ... its so dodgy when u go to store in person and then they give you the website adress and tell u to go online .. but what can ya do
i actaully like the fact its now all over the net, i just leave my resume, and employers either CALL ME and tell me to apply or go in for an interview..

saves me time looking.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
The application for my job involved me first contacting the employer, who then gave me a website address to give details and complete a questionaire, and then I had 3 interviews.

I guess as long as a company isn't using an online application process as its only means, it's ok, but if they start relying on it, it's bound to be a bit dodgy.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by toisthbe
i actaully like the fact its now all over the net, i just leave my resume, and employers either CALL ME and tell me to apply or go in for an interview..
where at?

it's ok, easier, but i doubt they go through them all

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
they do go through them all.. but they would only call you for an interview when they are actually hiring
if you are going for a very popular job (for example clothing store.. video store.. ) then it is quite likely they wont call you.. as people dont move out of the workforce too quickly.. and they only need around 10 employees for each store..
if you apply for woolworths or coles myer jobs.. they hire at different times.. like at my work 10 new people have just started in the past couple of weeks.. first lot of new people in about 6 months.. and i think they hire a bunch of people again in october/november (therefore there arent always jobs available)
i applied for coles myer and they have emailed me a couple of times to come for an interview but that was after my i hate woolies phase.. so i didnt go

toisthbe

Evil Member
Originally posted by iambored
where at?

it's ok, easier, but i doubt they go through them all
i leave mine at seek.com.au
plus they actaully tell you how many times your resume has came up in a search, how many times an employer has looked at your full resume, and how many times an employer has urged you to apply for there job.

KfWang

online applications take too long though...
i applied for many things online, and they had me on "considering your application" for a while, so in the end i got a job at Maccas first and took it, as i wasnt even sure when the hell they would get back to me

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by toisthbe
i leave mine at seek.com.au
plus they actaully tell you how many times your resume has came up in a search, how many times an employer has looked at your full resume, and how many times an employer has urged you to apply for there job.
cool, i am going there now

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)