Online Readings Question (1 Viewer)

Mel_b

HSC
I am a huge nerd and logged into MyUni to see if I could have a look at what the readings are for a couple of my subjects this semester - I was under the impression that readings were a collection of articles or select chapters or whatever that were compiled and referred to in lectures.

But for most of my subjects (sociology and history) the readings list reference books available from Fisher - does this mean that, at some point during the semester, I need to go to the library and read or make copies of the relevant parts of these books, or do I buy a course reader with all that stuff in there?

Thanks in advance,
Mel.

Seryn

Ayreonaut
HSC
Every unit is different really, i'm afraid. Some will have one textbook and all readings will come from that. Others will have course readers available to buy while others still you'll have to go to the library to photocopy particular chapters/exceprts for. Theres really no way of knowing until you're lecturer/tutor explains it to you once uni starts, unless other people know specifically about the units you're studying...

DeepDarkRose

HSC
i dont know about sociology but my experience with history is that most of the articles and exerpts you need will be in your reader. the stuff on myuni is generally used as a starting point for your essay/tutorial presentation topic which is when you are expected to have more sources than just the reader. last semester one of my readings wasn't in the reader and we were supposed to go find it in the library (i think like one person in my tute group bothered), but that was only one for the entire semester.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)