Only 2 days (1 Viewer)

dolbinau

HSC
How many quotes should we have to support our essay?

mathslover

HSC
sullyman said:
I wouldnt try to memorise everything now, only small details or passages if you think you need to.

The goal (well my goal now) is to make sure i have everything i can stored in my brain in the simplist ay possible. I think simplisity is the key. If you keep things simple when you look at them again you dont have to deconstruct them all over again like the first time you read them.

Also, you can try and link information across the religous traditions or areas:
e.g both the jews and the christians take most of there ethical teachings from the ten commandments also known as the decalogue.

I find learning like that is the most efficient way (for me anyway).
well i was gonna memorise all my notes like the trials, but it takes too long to construct an answer in the exam, so i was thinking of memorising all the different possible essays!!! doubt i will finish em all but. as for SAQs, im fukd for that.

sullyman

HSC
dolbinau said:
How many quotes should we have to support our essay?
Umm quotes i really would dwell upon much only becasue the examiners are more so looking for variations in the variants views. I would only go for one maybe 2 at most really good quotes addressing the general idea of the essay as a whole.

sullyman

HSC
mathslover said:
well i was gonna memorise all my notes like the trials, but it takes too long to construct an answer in the exam, so i was thinking of memorising all the different possible essays!!! doubt i will finish em all but. as for SAQs, im fukd for that.
naa, saq's are pretty easy, as long as you know your long responses the saq's should be cake. Considering all you have to do is write like 3 pages all up for the whole set of questions a brief answer with hardly any in depth analysis should do the job.

dolbinau

HSC
Oh ok. That's not much. Thanks - in that case, how many variations in views should there be.

And is this brushed over?

TBH I really don't know what to do for the essays; for Bioethics trial essay ended up almost being an extended response for Biology, lol.

I explained a technology+religious view. Is that it really? (Multiple issues though and multiple views, but I mean, is there anything else?)

mathslover

HSC
sullyman said:
Umm quotes i really would dwell upon much only becasue the examiners are more so looking for variations in the variants views. I would only go for one maybe 2 at most really good quotes addressing the general idea of the essay as a whole.
bummer i just talk about the religion generally...:S
is that wrong?
or i say something like, "howwver, some Buddhists believ"
or, "Modern Buddhists believe..."
is that right?

sullyman

HSC
dolbinau said:
Oh ok. That's not much. Thanks - in that case, how many variations in views should there be.

And is this brushed over?

TBH I really don't know what to do for the essays; for Bioethics trial essay ended up almost being an extended response for Biology, lol.

I explained a technology+religious view. Is that it really? (Multiple issues though and multiple views, but I mean, is there anything else?)
Umm id probably go like 4 variants (considering for chrisitianity they all have the same view its ok to remember) like just remembering the anglican, catholic, protestant and uniting church of christs veiw that way you get a large range of veiws and some arguments between the varients.

For the extended response id probably stay away from the technological side of the bioethics. Like id say in around 3 sentences an overview of the process of IVF, stem cell research ect and then go straight into detail on the veiws and where the views are taken from. Id probably have around 4 - 6 different studies also for the ethic ( e.g IVF, stem cell, euthanasia, cloning etc).

sullyman

HSC
mathslover said:
bummer i just talk about the religion generally...:S
is that wrong?
or i say something like, "howwver, some Buddhists believ"
or, "Modern Buddhists believe..."
is that right?
The general idea is good in itself but the only problem is that pretty much everyone who takes this subject seriously will only do that. If you chuck in a "modern buddhists" view for example followed by the general buddhist cohorts view, it'll show alittle more flair and the examiner will be like "whoa this student knows their work".

mathslover

HSC
sullyman said:
The general idea is good in itself but the only problem is that pretty much everyone who takes this subject seriously will only do that. If you chuck in a "modern buddhists" view for example followed by the general buddhist cohorts view, it'll show alittle more flair and the examiner will be like "whoa this student knows their work".
Thanks
there arent any opposing views for Hinduism though.:S

sullyman

HSC
mathslover said:
Thanks
there arent any opposing views for Hinduism though.:S
Lol then i guess there's no way around that one then, maybe brining quotes into that one would help but i wouldnt go overboard. I dont do that religious denomincaton but id probably stick to where they are getting there views from and why they believe it is the correct way to be. Also how the adherents lives are affected by the views, maybe?? but id go to the teachings for that one

dolbinau

HSC
How many views for Judaism? I can't think of many different views lol.

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
mathslover said:
hahaha in case u havent noticed, SH has closed nearly all of my previous threads, cz they are 'spam' or something.
If you are going to flame me, at least get your facts straight...I locked one of your threads as it went so far off base, it wasnt funny!!

Irrelevant posts and threads make searching and indexing a nightmare...hence my desire to keep things neat.

But enough, I have gone off topic myself and thats not helpful!

Last edited:

mathslover

HSC
snapperhead said:
If you are going to flame me, at least get your facts straight...I locked one of your threads as it went so far off base, it wasnt funny!!

Irrelevant posts and threads make searching and indexing a nightmare...hence my desire to keep things neat.

But enough, I have gone off topic myself and thats not helpful!
sorry SH :eek:
=]

mathslover

HSC
what do u think the rnp essay Q will be? =[
dk whether to study the texts and inner peace as it was there last year =[

Grey Matter

HSC
mathslover said:
what do u think the rnp essay Q will be? =[
dk whether to study the texts and inner peace as it was there last year =[
worldpeaceworldpeaceworldpeace.....

blackmage

HSC
I was wondering, if my SOR class did environmental ethics, can I not do environmental ethics and go with bioethics?

I can make stuff up on bioethics more than environmental ethics =P

dolbinau

HSC
You can do what you want. *Hopes for Ethics Question in Christianity or Judaism*

I hope I can make things up with Marriage, hehe.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)