only 3 subjects this semester (1 Viewer)

sandra

HSC
Hey i was just wandering whether its normal to have only 3 subjects in a semester even though youre studying full time. Last semester i had 4 , and this only 3 and was wandering maybe i didnt enroll for one of the subjects...
Im doing an economics/law degree , first semester did intro to law, law foundation, microeconomics and aus in the global economy. This semester im only doing torts, constitutional law and macroeconomics.
Any help much appreciated !

klh

HSC
you may have been assigned to choose an elective to fulfill that 4th unit gap. ask your unit coordinater but im going to say that it will be too late to enrol i think this late in the semester.
But no its not unuasual to have a 3 unit semester, PT is 1-2 units while FT is 3-4 units or more. I myself am doing a 3 unit semester so its not unusual.
yes check your course strucutre for more info as Natstar has said.

melodic_gal

HSC
sandra said:
Hey i was just wandering whether its normal to have only 3 subjects in a semester even though youre studying full time. Last semester i had 4 , and this only 3 and was wandering maybe i didnt enroll for one of the subjects...
Im doing an economics/law degree , first semester did intro to law, law foundation, microeconomics and aus in the global economy. This semester im only doing torts, constitutional law and macroeconomics.
Any help much appreciated !
Doing 3 subjects is still consider full time. I am doing 3 subjects this semester i also did it for last semester.

sandra

HSC
thanks heaps all , panic officially over :) was wandering does uws have a summer school n can u go there to accelerate your course or just if you fail a subject...

klh

HSC
unfortuanely no uws does not have a summer school. initially i heard the idea from a friend of mine who went to sydney which has a summer school and so i searched uws but its only available for health students and they are picked so...another option is to do your summer school electives at another institution but you need permission form your coordinater so they can tell you what units to take [for core subjects] or to take any units you are interested in [for your electives]. however as Natstar has previously said in another post, not many uws coordinaters are willing to let you go away to another institution, within reason as the uni wants your cash, in which case which uni doesnt. So if you wantot get things over quickly, either accelerate during your semester [i.e. take 5 subjects] or just take a normal load of 4 to do it within that time limit of 3 year [or 5 if your a double or 4 for a engineering course]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)