Only just noticed this dot point.. (1 Viewer)

mon_mon

HSC
well, that was what i was asking. how do you define recent? in terms of human evolution, 150 years ago is very recent. And becasue the specific sylabus point makes no mention of radioactive elements, it doesn't nessicarily have to be as such. not that im using it, i personally am using Americium.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by mon_mon
well, that was what i was asking. how do you define recent? in terms of human evolution, 150 years ago is very recent.
oh please mr. mon_mon, don't get into a definition debate with me...

you do realise of course, that humans didn't discover elements and make the periodic table until like 200 years ago, and even then it was very incomplete.

secondly, aluminium (if i remember correctly) was discovered 1899(?), so a good one hundred year history already.

recent discoveries of elements, we assume, are those which are transuranic and usually made by nuclear reactions.

and finally, students must link column three with column two! if you decide to go retro and do aluminium, how the HECK are you going link your aluminium by electrolysis to one of the six nuclear column two dotpoints?

i'm tired and going to bed. nitenite~*

Last edited:

Skywalker

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Frigid

why the heck look? i gave you the original links already... :confused:
Yeah I saw those already bro, I meant looking for a new element. And aluminium was discovered in 1825.

Last edited:

mon_mon

HSC
Jeez. sorry to get your panties in a proverbial twist, fridgid, i was meerly making a point. ok, so using aluminium would be a stupid idea, but you COULD probably get away with it.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by mon_mon
Jeez. sorry to get your panties in a proverbial twist, fridgid, i was meerly making a point.
nah, me apologise... just a lil tired and cranky... :(

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
no you cant, the point ask for one of the recent transuranic elements... i actually dun think they gonna ask specific q... more like something general on all the recently discovered stuff

mon_mon

HSC
Nah, thats cool, we're all friends here. *group hug*

-edit-

Ah. point taken Skunk. i will NOT use Aluminium. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)