Only one making NOtes STILL? (1 Viewer)

henry08

HSC
N/A
danz90 said:
either do i. notes usually just summarise content and get only the 'gist' of what you need to know.. its better to know your content inside out by reading supplementary/secondary texts such as textbooks etc thoroughly in order to refine very small details. in my opinion, having very refined and a detailed understanding of content is what helps to get you a band 6 (obviously plus other factors).

the only notes that I have made are in year 11, for mathematics.. just quick summaries. otherwise.. to study, i read my supplementary texts (ie textbooks) thoroughly, to gain a detailed understanding, not a 'summarised' version.

honestly, notes never helped me.. and i've been going good without them.

then again.. we do write notes in class anyway. and there's no point in rewriting the textbook like a zombie.

Q4T.
I do exactly the same as you. Its worked well for me so far.

dolbinau

HSC
So do I henry08, except for English where I need notes - but every other subject I just know the syllabus in/out and it has worked fine. I find practice papers most beneficial to study with.

friction

HSC
I havent really started making notes yet :(. Ive done core 1 in PE.

123abcaro

HSC
N/A
No worries im still making notes for hospitality!
its all good dont worry, its still study

sasa-o8

HSC
All my subjects require notes (besides maths) and I haven't even made notes for ONE subject yet. Don't have anymore time..gonna start doing past papers instead.

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
Im just wrapping my bio and chem notes up today, just a couple of dot point to do in the options, then ill probably either complete my english notes or just do past questiosn get them marked then use them
maths is just past papers from now and religino is well hope

HanT

HSC
So it looks like a few people, including myself are still finalising notes. Phew! Is anyone else crapping themselves about the HSC?:cold:

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
HanT said:
So it looks like a few people, including myself are still finalising notes. Phew! Is anyone else crapping themselves about the HSC?:cold:
For some reason, no and it was the sam with the trials, i was fine until the night before or the day of the exam i freaked out, i was so stressed i hadnt done enough work which i hadnt but some cramming manage to improve all my ranks...

samwise1

Junior Vice President
HSC
I have trouble macking notes sometimes does anyone have any advice to macking notes for me?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
samwise1 said:
I have trouble macking notes sometimes does anyone have any advice to macking notes for me?
It's a bit late to start now...I reckon you better start with past papers...

Mothers

Banned
HSC
Guys, I only began studying today, so seriously, don't stress. Also, I've got absolutely no notes lined up. All I'm doing is studying the syllabus as well as reading my Macquarie study guides.

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
lyounamu said:
It's a bit late to start now...I reckon you better start with past papers...
Its never too late for anything, summarising my help you remember a lot more.

miche11e

HSC
ive made my notes for maths (it really pays off with 4u)
im halfway thru SDD which has taken me about a month to get this far,
im a quater of the way there for physics
im scraping the surface for religion
and ive got my essays written but not memorised for english

so im pretty OK with that, but i want to be finished by this firiday just to be safe :D
so cyas! im off to do some hard sloggin

dolbinau

HSC
How can you memorise essays for English? I mean question wise.

bobzz

HSC
HanT said:
yerr and no. somtimes uno. For the trials i waS FINNEE until about the 3rd exam when i was just super dooper over it and felt i had stuffed up on my favorite maths exam the day before. really did my head in just kept thinkin about if i had done just this (worst thing to do i swerr)
And i kept thinking about what i had to do insted of doin it arrr
neways STUDY! cyas

Lukybear

HSC
How do you memories essay for english? I mean how do u prepare for an everchanging question?

col333

HSC
alot of the questions are generally the same. im studying wilfred owen, truman, cosi and raw. with wilfred and truman ther always going to ask about techniques and themes, with cosi the inner journey and raw theyll ask about protest and compliance. so just make a general essay and memorise it then apply it to the question in the hsc :). hope that helped.

col333

HSC
i havnt really made notes. im just focusing on my english essays first coz thats the first exam. then i have 2 weeks off before my next one :) but written and fixed essays all up just need to memorise them. dont fret about all your notes. alot of people ive talked to who've done the hsc didnt even sumarise ther notes coz they felt it didnt help them. every1 is different. study the way u want to.

madelyneee

HSC
Lukybear said:
How do you memories essay for english? I mean how do u prepare for an everchanging question?
I've looked at various past papers, and I think that when it comes down to it the question is going to concentrate on the fundamental ideas, such as themes, techniques, quotes etc in the text/s you have studied. The question might change, but the topic is still the same, and it is your ability to adapt your essay to the question asked that will get you marks.

The main preparation I plan on doing, after I get my last essay finalised (with additional notes for King Lear - the exception), I'm going to start adapting them to past papers.

Everyone is different, but this works for me.

: )

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)