Only one making NOtes STILL? (1 Viewer)

madelyneee

HSC
Oh, and notes:

- Finished Biology notes, halfway through studying first topic.
- Finished maths notes, now doing chapter reviews and plan on doing past papers.
- One more english essay to do; plan on adapting them to past papers and then memorising.
- A quarter way through Modern History.
- Haven't started History Extension
- Haven't started Visual Arts.

CelltechFTW

HSC
lol you guys are literaly retarted.. hsc isnt your life get over it lmao i havnt even started making notes, heck im out making a decent $850 a week right now im happy =) lol

Knowingnothing

Legendary!
HSC
I always say HSC is never the only road, but for a lot of people it is the main road.

I only started to study a few days ago, meh. Everything that you can get is worth it.

Never too late to start. As long as you're learning something, it's okay.

chris19

HSC
If notes are your thing you should b making notes on subjects right up till the exam day - and for english i'd emphasize last minute cramming of quotes in the final day(s) till english - if u fuck up ur quotes its BAD

sunny side up83

HSC
haha yeh just a tad, i found memorising my quotes on the morning of my first english trial exam pretty useful but there were still some i either screwd up or forgot altogethr lol woo go me

Yeh i only started my notes a couple of days ago, but if u plan properly you should be okay, lol i should take my own advice i'm still writing my notes haha

nick3157

Not Actually A Member
HSC
havent started... any subject. im so buggered. but hey ive watched plenty of horror movies at least.

SH33P

k lol...
HSC
im still writing notes atm... still got a bit to go :(

but my notes (such as bio) are like 200+ A4 pages... they are super detailed and better quality then text books... they combind 3 text books HSC online and BOS resource stuff

its a shame they are changing some of the DPs for next yr... no point in uploading
:D

L i L O

HSC
Maaaaan, I don't even have notes!
I just cram. Don't practice papers, make summaries or anything!
Pretty shit way to study and prepare, huh...

All I do is record and listen quotes, memorise formulas and definitions, read over summaries that other people have written. No joke :S

Fathers

Banned
HSC
I don't think I've ever made notes, nor have I ever done a past paper/practice essay. I just read notes, and yeah, read more notes. :D

HSC
All my notes are 100% finished.

How?

Macquarie and Excel guides ( the quick and easy way ).

I haven't done any notes the whole year and I did pretty good overall in all my subjects.

Good Luck.

:)

HSC
First time doing a past paper, still not going to do practice essays.

Say Fathers, are you Mothers/Crates/Boxes/ChokoRepublic?

Fathers

Banned
HSC
kevinx2 said:
First time doing a past paper, still not going to do practice essays.

Say Fathers, are you Mothers/Crates/Boxes/ChokoRepublic?
Yep. ;)

sasa-o8

HSC
Okay, I've figured I don't have enough time to make notes for all my subjects. What do I do now? As I make notes, I re-read over ALL the content and sum it up, so it's my way of learning about the topic as I write up the notes.

But a friend suggested I do past papers instead. I told him there was no point in me doing the past papers if I haven't studied and don't know about 60% of the answers. But he suggests I have a go and just look at the answers and learn from the back, as he said all the questions are similar every year. But I doubt that. If they've tested a certain part of the topic a previous year, they won't ask the same thing right? :S

So....... what do you suggest guys? I only got 3 days until business and I've got 1/2 topic to go, and cases for all 5 topics. ARGHHH.

lucidassembly

HSC
Yeah, I'm still making notes (I need to finish Modern, Legal and English Ext1). I tend to be making notes right up to the days before my exams, but it works for me somehow :)

sasa-o8 said:
But a friend suggested I do past papers instead. I told him there was no point in me doing the past papers if I haven't studied and don't know about 60% of the answers. But he suggests I have a go and just look at the answers and learn from the back, as he said all the questions are similar every year. But I doubt that. If they've tested a certain part of the topic a previous year, they won't ask the same thing right? :S

So....... what do you suggest guys? I only got 3 days until business and I've got 1/2 topic to go, and cases for all 5 topics. ARGHHH.
I'd suggest spending your time actually learning the content. I agree with your comments... if they've done a question in the last few years, odds are they won't repeat it again. The courses are huge, and there's a lot of different topics to choose from. I think past paperse are good when you've essentially completed your studying or simply want to become more comfortable with the layout/structure of the exam, but I find writing notes or re-reading content to be far more useful.

obimoshman1234

the one and only
HSC
seriously i dont know how people are still making notes now. That time is over if u dont have them then its time u outsourced and find some premade notes on resources here, from excel or other revison books, hsc online. Then u just have to read and re read for awhile then get onto the past papers because i mean learning content is good but if u dont know exam formats, exam technicues and dont have sense of time eg for uestions doesnt matter how well u know the content ur marks going to be limited

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)