only person enrolled? (1 Viewer)

omar273

Oscarwatcher
HSC
um, i'm just wondering, in my school, i'm the only perosn who does latin continuers (ha ha). After reading laz's thread on moderating, i've come to the conclusion, that i'll just end up with my hsc examination mark for my moderated school assessment mark as well. is this true?

Here's my logic: Since i'll be rank 1st no matter what in my school assessment, i'll automatically get the 1st rank of the examination mark as my school assessment (which is mine anyway!) therefore, wouldn't i technically end up with my hsc exam mark as my final hsc mark??

thanks

fakingtheday

HSC
remeber the hsc mark is oinly 50% of your final mark, so if you get 80% at school and 60% in the test your hsc mark (crudely, neglecting scaling) would be 70%.

omar273

Oscarwatcher
HSC
um, not really. as far as i know the moderating process is not as simple as averaging your raw school assessment mark and your hsc mark. i wonder is laz could explain.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
omar273 said:
Since i'll be rank 1st no matter what in my school assessment, i'll automatically get the 1st rank of the examination mark as my school assessment (which is mine anyway!) therefore, wouldn't i technically end up with my hsc exam mark as my final hsc mark??
Yes, this is correct.

Though if some sort of tragedy occurred on the day of the examination and you were forced to appeal on the basis of illness or misadventure, your raw school assessment mark might still be considered.

Captain pi

HSC
(bump)

Also, you do have to pass you assessments; otherwise, the principal is obliged to award you as not completed the course.

Zedmeister

Terminal Procrastinator
HSC
omar273 said:
um, i'm just wondering, in my school, i'm the only perosn who does latin continuers (ha ha). After reading laz's thread on moderating, i've come to the conclusion, that i'll just end up with my hsc examination mark for my moderated school assessment mark as well. is this true?

Here's my logic: Since i'll be rank 1st no matter what in my school assessment, i'll automatically get the 1st rank of the examination mark as my school assessment (which is mine anyway!) therefore, wouldn't i technically end up with my hsc exam mark as my final hsc mark??

thanks
hahaha what a crap school

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)