Onstage Nominations (1 Viewer)

hazaar

Greenie
HSC
WE GOT NOMINATED FOR ONSTAGE!!!!!!!! :)
We had drama this morning and at the moment drama consists mainly of theory.
But following class when everyone else had left she pulled my group aside and said that we had been nominated for onstage and that we have a very high chance of performing at the seymour centre.
We all completely psyched out!!!!!

Anyway i'm really excited and happy at the moment and wondering if anyone else has recieved a letter.

:)

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
hazaar said:
WE GOT NOMINATED FOR ONSTAGE!!!!!!!! :)
We had drama this morning and at the moment drama consists mainly of theory.
But following class when everyone else had left she pulled my group aside and said that we had been nominated for onstage and that we have a very high chance of performing at the seymour centre.
We all completely psyched out!!!!!

Anyway i'm really excited and happy at the moment and wondering if anyone else has recieved a letter.

:)
Even though I don't undertake drama, my school is performing arts and we have quite a few nominations. So congratulations to you Hazzar, a wonderful achievement :)

Lanelle

Jeza

HSC
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! just went to the drama department this arvo and our group got nominated toooooooooooooo. I LOVE DRAMAAAAAA what school yu guys from!

WHHOOOOOOOOOHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

hazaar

Greenie
HSC
I am on the biggest high!!!! :) it's great

I go to IGS in sydney, Ultimo....we havent had any nominations for years....ahhh soo HAPPY!

I also got nominated for IP...Im so stoked :0

WOOOOOOHOOOO!

Last edited:

Jeza

HSC
Congradulations, Im from Mater Maria Catholic College.
Congrads to our drama teacher Mr Rulli we owe him so much this year! Finally a nomination for group performances an monologues!
DRAMA IS DA BOMB
YEEEEEEEEEEEW! * Shakes booty to a missy elliot hip hop beat

carkeys

HSC
OMG!!!!! Period Four today right, study my drama teacher pulls me out and puts on this real serious act saying the Board of Studies have contacted her and im freaking out thinking that there was a mix up or something and anways she told me that i got nominated for IP for OnStage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it, im freaking out coz its something that seems so surreal for our school, we have never had a nomination before and yeah its just something that doesnt happen. Im so excited, YAY lol

Congrats everyone that got nominated also, all that hard work payed off!!! Well done!

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
Congratulations! There's nothing like having all your hard work validated. Even if you don't get through to the actual performance, it's still a huge achievement!

And well done to the groups that didn't get a nomination but knew they did their best and performed their little tuchus's off...

I'm living in Melb at the moment, but I might be in town for Onstage, and I think I might catch it, so tell me if you get through and what program you'll be in.

Good work!

Sir Benny

HSC
Question.. if the group performance onstage nominations have already been sent out, and i was talking to someone who got nominated for indo.. soooo... has anyone been nominated for a indervidual project like.. video drama, or poster, or watever.. (not performance)..

When do you find that out??

(If anyone has a faint idea?)

hazaar

Greenie
HSC
If you have been nominated, the BOS will send a letter of notification to your drama teacher.

Good luck

Jeza

HSC
Only practical componants of the course have been marked so far, thus the designs, reviews , films, ARP's wont be marked till october (same for Visual Art). But man just sent in my application for NIDA today, have you applied Hazaar?

:jaw: still cant believe we got a nomination, (hope I get one for my designs 2), when are you guys filming your pieces?

hazaar

Greenie
HSC
No i'm not trying out for NIDA this year. After talking to the tutors there, they all seem to like older, more mature students with 'life experience.' That's not to say that you can't get in straight out of school but i don't want to anyway. A gap year is going to be a great way to learn about myself, mature and have a cracker of a time. Who knows, maybe after a year i won't want to go to nida anymore....but i reckon i still will.

To your other question, we were suppposed to film them today but no one else in my group remembered.....so we had no costumes. Also we havent rehearsed in a while so we're going to take most of tomoz off.

Haha i know its a good thing to get nominated but i really don't want to have to do my IP again...group is so much more fun. :)

angel eyes 03

HSC
yeah i did drama in 2003 hence when i was in year 12 and im from a small country town that never gets things like this so when i was nominated for my lighting project i was over the moon because i worked so hard on my drama design project
drama rocks

meg__

HSC
I haven't read the whole thread so I apologise if this has been asked, but when do nominations go out for non-practical IPs?

Congratulations to everyone!

hazaar

Greenie
HSC
meg__ said:
I haven't read the whole thread so I apologise if this has been asked, but when do nominations go out for non-practical IPs?

Congratulations to everyone!
I'm guessing that would happen after all the performance nom's go out because they are done on the day. Whereas non-practical ip's are all sent to the same place for marking.

I think you'll just have to wait a bit longer :)

hazaar

Greenie
HSC
i heard that newtown performing arts got two group nominations and three individual noms. But a friend that goes there said the teachers were really disappointed, seeing that they have 80-something kids doing drama for the HSC.

Imagine 80 students doing drama...wow...i know theyre a performing arts school but thats heaps.

We have 12 doing drama at our school.

eleanor88

HSC
Congratulations everyone who got nominated!!!

What do you guys have to do now? When does the video have to be sent in by?

Can't wait to watch you all at Seymour!! :D:D

carkeys

HSC
hazaar said:
i heard that newtown performing arts got two group nominations and three individual noms. But a friend that goes there said the teachers were really disappointed, seeing that they have 80-something kids doing drama for the HSC.

Imagine 80 students doing drama...wow...i know theyre a performing arts school but thats heaps.

We have 12 doing drama at our school.

Whoa! that is heaps of people doing drama. My class has 15 people and that is the most that has ever done drama for the hsc, even next years class is smaller than 15.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)