Opening ports (1 Viewer)

Lord Ac

Trust me *wink*
HSC
I have norton 2003, XP Home edition, and the windows service pack 2.

Im trying to play a game on MSN Gamezone but it tells me that:

Some games will not load if your computer system connects to the Internet through a firewall or proxy server unless certain TCP Ports are opened in the firewall or proxy server. Most work, school, and public computers are connected through a firewall or proxy server for security. If you have a broadband (cable) or DSL modem, you may also have a firewall installed. To open these ports, consult the help files for your firewall software or contact your network administrator or IT technician for assistance. Ports that need to be opened to play Windows Internet Games:

"28000-29100"

HOW DO I OPEN PORTS!?

Ac

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
i think it is your SP2 firwall blocking the ports, set it to warn you every time it blocks something.

controll panel -> filewall -> exceptions -> "display notification every time...."

Jeo

First you need to determine whether the ports are being blocked at hardware or software level.

If it is hardware level, it is probably a router. You can login as admin and open or forward the ports.

If it is at software level, disable it, and try to access zone. If it works, then find out how to open the required ports on your software firewall. If it is windows firewall then disable it and get something like www.zonealarm.com

Winston

HSC
As mentioned from others try that, and try to go through a systematic process, for example turning off windows firewall, and if that solved your issue, then you know where to exactly pin-point, and by norton 2003, do you mean norton AV? or norton firewall?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)