Operaaaa (1 Viewer)

kit scara

Lyres Lair, just past the pink baloon tied to the
HSC
"Dido's Lament" - from Dido and Aeneus, Henry Purcell.

My aunt, well, she lives a bajillion kms away in brisbane, but she has the most amazing voice in the universe, which takes a lot for me to say, seeing as she's a relative so I should be disowning her, but she teaches at the brisbane conservatorium, she sang in all these operas, and went on tour all over the world, and she tours with her chamber group these days.
But I've seen her maybe 5 times in my entire life, and I went to her concert and was on total high throughout, and thenafterwards she's introducing me to people in her group, and she said "this is my niece, she's a singer", and I was like "ahaheha..umm... well.. hi.. uhhh... by singer she means... uhmm.."

But she's legendary and I want to learn from her. If any of you guys want a really really incredible singing teacher next year, and you're thinking of going to the Brisbane Con, get Margaret Schindler. Or if "the Southern Cross Soloists" are having a concert near you. Seriously, you will DIE!

HSC
hey that's mad im doing a purcell song too..."Hark the echoing air"

but DAMMIT i dont have a super cool aunt who's an awesome singer

and im so totally not getting into bris con, but i hope u do:)

good luck with it xx

kit scara

HSC
Purcell is awesome. He's everywhere you want to be, baby.

that's okay, **has...uhhh... Emmy Rossum adopt you**

Well, I'm not sure I'm going to go there for sure, it's kind of like, where ever I get in, which I think is going to end up being Eugene's House of Larning in Tibet at the moment. That and I want to do musical theatre, and I don't think the Bris. Con does musical theatre. Mind you a singing teacher I had once tried toget me into opera.. **ponders** Well, I want to have a company eventually of like maybe 10 people to travel around the world and do musicals or operas or something that we compose ourselves and do everything ourselves.

What do you want to do when you're past the thumscrews that are the assessment wing of secondary education?

HSC
whoa u got it all figured out haven't ya!

oh the pain of having no idea about one's future!

so basically id love to to the whole music related thing..piano and singing something either classical rep or musical theatre. then theres the urge to become a journalist. oh and i love to travel and learn languages so the whole linguistics thing is definately on the cards...

oh heck ill just attempt to get the best of everything in a journalism/arts course:) at UQ

what other performances you doing? moving to tibet wouldnt be too bad, an experience nonetheless..

so apparently u are still living in the stone ages and doing maths as a subject. wow, we can no longer be friends...

kit scara

HSC
You're going to fail in life, it's best to fail gloriously with conviction, is my theory.

Things will work out. My drama teacher said you get the most oportunities in like your early twenties.

That is a really awesome combination of things, and they all kind of fit into each other, I think. You don't need to choose, yeah, you can do everything. Be a renaissance person without the weird food and tights.

Speaking of linguistics, one of my relatives went to a store one day to buy groceries in Germany, and she was saying in German '....bread.. milk..and jam without preservatives.", well that's what she thought she said. and the shop owner put the stuff on the counter, and said in perfect english, "here's your bread, your milk, and your jam with no condoms."
And then she was going home, and this guy came up to her and started talking to her, and she was like "i'm sorry, I have to go, my legs are all worn out', and he just disapearred flat out. She went home, looked it up, and she'd actually said her tampon was all worn out. One of my other relatives somehow ended up telling people in Italy I think it was that Aussies use beetroots as contraceptives too, accidentaly, when really she meant we have it canned....my family is warped.

Journo artist. It works.

I'm doing two harp pieces and singing "Moonfall" from the Mystery of Edwin Drood.

I HATE MATHS BEYOND ALL STANDARDS OF HATING!!! I THINK IT SHOULD BE ILLEGAL AND SHOULD DIE A TERRIBLE TERRIBLE DEATH! But my principal won't let me drop it, because all my other subjects rely on major works and performances which could go either way, so it's kind of like a back up thing. Not like I actually study or anything. I used to do Ext maths, cause it wa the only way I could do ext english. Man it is the best feeling to drop ext maths. And i topped my last maths ext exam before I dropped it, though I didn't study at all, and was close to just writing a story about a goat or something on teh exam paper. I do so well at things I don't give a damn about.

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
Wow thats pretty strict, what school do you go to?

I didn't do Maths in Year 12, I ended up doing 4 Unit English, 3 Unit Music, 3 Unit Modern History and SoR - those were all arty, major workish subjects and I did fine :)

kit scara

HSC
Oh, it's not like it was illegal, it's just he pressured me into it. It's the fear thing. And I figured I should listen because our school is pretty good with HSC, all the teachers really try and get you the best mark possible and everything.
Man I wish i could have done 3 Unit music. We couldn't have it at our school, mind you I'd prbably be screwed seeing as you're supposdto be grade or something, and there is no grade seven in lever harp, after grade four in AMEB and grade five in trinity it's nothing but pedal harp. Shites me no end.

Tell me, do you still have exam nightmares about the HSC ?

HSC
hey you..yes the dido's lament girl

guess what

i sung Dido's lament last week at an eisteddfod as part of the vocal championship

I won! muahahaha

it doesnt count as bragging coz i dont know you OK!

peace out stranger

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)