Opinions on my selections? (1 Viewer)

enoilgam

HSC
Hi I'm really nervous about subject selection.
Good you guys PLEASE, rate my subjects and tell me how they'll scale .

2U Maths ( Advanced)
Advanced English
Chemistry
Economics
Business Studies
Modern History
It's a pretty decent combination in terms of scaling. But I dont think that shouldnt be your primary concern, if you like your subjects and think you will do well in them, then you have made a good choice.

lilcutetricker

HSC
Uni Grad
Year 10 as well !
My subjects for 2014 are
Advance English
Extension English 1
Advance Maths
Extension Maths 1
Chemistry
Physics
Economics

Choosing ext 1 english because ext 1 maths made me either choose a BEC course or ext 1 english, so i thought to myself... yolo

Soulful

HSC Hipster
HSC
Year 10 as well !
My subjects for 2014 are
Advance English
Extension English 1
Advance Maths
Extension Maths 1
Chemistry
Physics
Economics

Choosing ext 1 english because ext 1 maths made me either choose a BEC course or ext 1 english, so i thought to myself... yolo
I'm doing 3 unit English and Maths as well! I'm not sure if I'll be able to manage all the work though :S

On another note, what's a BEC course?

lilcutetricker

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm doing 3 unit English and Maths as well! I'm not sure if I'll be able to manage all the work though :S

On another note, what's a BEC course?
Pretty much like a vet course that you drop in year 12. Hopefully its managable if you're able to follow a study timetable

Moira B

HSC
Hey everyone! By the way, I'm new here so, Hi! :)

For year 11 next year my main subjects are:

Advanced English
2 unit Maths
Chemistry
Music II (advanced)
Spanish beginner
German advanced
SOR (mandatory)
And I'm probably also going to do a course in Animal Studies (since I'm passionate about animals) which is, however, 4 units x 1 year. But it doesn't count towards my ATAR

I was also going to do the Extension for english but I may have to change since I have way too many units as it is and if I did it, I'd have 18 units for year 11.
What do you think I should do? I really don't want to get rid of the vet course but I don't know what else I could do...

Also, if I do all these subjects, 5 of them would be gone/complete by year 12 so I'd be left with 12/13 which is kind of the ideal number.

enoilgam

HSC

Advanced English
2 unit Maths
Chemistry
Music II (advanced)
Spanish beginner
German advanced
SOR (mandatory)
And I'm probably also going to do a course in Animal Studies (since I'm passionate about animals) which is, however, 4 units x 1 year. But it doesn't count towards my ATAR

I was also going to do the Extension for english but I may have to change since I have way too many units as it is and if I did it, I'd have 18 units for year 11.
What do you think I should do? I really don't want to get rid of the vet course but I don't know what else I could do...

Also, if I do all these subjects, 5 of them would be gone/complete by year 12 so I'd be left with 12/13 which is kind of the ideal number.
Welcome to BoS! I think 18 units might be a bit too much for Year 11, you might want to consider dropping a subject so that you are left with 16 units all up (including the Animal Studies course). What do you intend on doing post-HSC?

R4diance

HSC
Year 10 as well !
My subjects for 2014 are
Advance English
Extension English 1
Advance Maths
Extension Maths 1
Chemistry
Physics
Economics

Asian 5 :p best of luck!

lilcutetricker

HSC
Uni Grad

Advanced English
2 unit Maths
Chemistry
Music II (advanced)
Spanish beginner
German advanced
SOR (mandatory)

This is beyond asian level. If you are really aiming for 16 units... Wow. Just... Wow.

Moira B

HSC
This is beyond asian level. If you are really aiming for 16 units... Wow. Just... Wow.
Well, see, it's just that if I dropped a subject like, for example music, I'd be left with 16 units for year 11 but would only have 11 in year 12. And I am aiming for at least 12, maybe 13 units in year 12 since that way, if I end up doing horribly in a subject, it won't count towards my ATAR and it's what everyone recommends.

And, say, I wasn't doing the vet course, I would have 14 units or 13 (if I dropped the extension for English).

I also forgot to mention that I'm a native speaker of german, so that shouldn't be too difficult.

After the HSC, I want to do either a diploma in Animal Technology or Cert IV in Companion animal services and then go on to uni to study Zoology. But those plans may change depending on how things go.

bedpotato

HSC
Well, see, it's just that if I dropped a subject like, for example music, I'd be left with 16 units for year 11 but would only have 11 in year 12. And I am aiming for at least 12, maybe 13 units in year 12 since that way, if I end up doing horribly in a subject, it won't count towards my ATAR and it's what everyone recommends.
And, say, I wasn't doing the vet course, I would have 14 units or 13 (if I dropped the extension for English).

I also forgot to mention that I'm a native speaker of german, so that shouldn't be too difficult.

After the HSC, I want to do either a diploma in Animal Technology or Cert IV in Companion animal services and then go on to uni to study Zoology. But those plans may change depending on how things go.
Yeah, I understand that, but having too many units might make hard for you spend enough time on each subject. Whereas having less units will allow you to really focus on each subject.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)