Option Topic. (1 Viewer)

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Ok. Does anyone have statistics on the best scaling Physics options?

Apparently q2q scaled down in the past couple of years.

I want to try out The Age of Silicon or q2q or Medical Physics.

Which option is the most suitable for mechanical/chemical engineering? I am guessing Medical or Age of Silicon.

Did Age of Silicon scale like crazy in the past couple years?

Anyone, feel free to comment. I need feedback in the next week so I can start the option.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Rathaen

HSC
In my experience everything I learned in HSC physics turns out like this: "Yeah, that's a very simple version of what actually happens. Now we're going to teach you this method of doing things."

Most helpful thing for me was probably kinematics and friction and such - which was rehashed and expanded upon in first year physics and mechanics.

My point at the end of the day, just do whichever one seems more interesting. Scaling doesn't matter when you get 100% :p

HSC
It depends on the questions on the actual HSC paper - there is no set harder option.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Fair enough. I just think that Age of Silicon is most relevant to me. I looked at Q2Q and it seemed like a ROTE learning topic which I really don't like to do.
I would rather do a module that is all application to real life and engineering and would actually benefit me.
Other than that, Q2Q and Age of Silicon are equally as interesting to me as a topic, but I think the HSC course for Q2Q isn't set out how I thought it would be.
It would be great to get someone who did these options to give me some type of feedback on the topic.

Thanks.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
70% sure of doing Age Of Silicon. It is the one I feel most necessary to engineering and the one I will find most interesting, even though this is first year I started playing around with electronics.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)