• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Option topics (1 Viewer)

Schoey93

HSC
Hello all,

Which option topics are covered in HSC Biology in Focus? Also, what option topic do you recommend?

Thanks.

James

Schoey93

HSC
You're joking right? My school uses Biology in Focus for the HSC. How would they cover options? Maybe they would do it without a textbook... that would actually be more interesting. The teachers would have to think for themselves!

HSC
just dont do biotechnology :)

i didnt do it so i cant recommend it but the genetics topic sounds so interesting. ive just had a brief look at it.

Schoey93

HSC
Yeah, the genetics option appeals to me too. Communication also looks good, that would be my second choice. :)

Maybe my school will cover the option topic through the Surfing books, given that Biology in Focus doesn't cover the option topics. That would be fine with me: the Surfing books are quite interesting.

HSC
Yeah, the genetics option appeals to me too. Communication also looks good, that would be my second choice. :)

Maybe my school will cover the option topic through the Surfing books, given that Biology in Focus doesn't cover the option topics. That would be fine with me: the Surfing books are quite interesting.
do you get to choose or is everyone doing genetics?

Schoey93

HSC
do you get to choose or is everyone doing genetics?
I think we'll probably have a vote. I do Year 12 Bio in 2011, so I have no idea what option I'll do yet. We'll probably discuss it as a class in Term 4, 2010. I do get to choose what option I do, though. Our school lets us do an option different to the rest of the class if necessary, and you receive teacher support too.

Schoey93

HSC
wow lucky! we had no choice in the matter. biotech it was :(
There were two HSC biology classes at my school in 2009. I think they did 'Communication' in one class and 'Genetics: the Code Broken?' in the other. I'm quite sure neither did Biotech.

At least even if you have to do a bad option, the core is still interesting. Especially 'The Search for Better Health' module, in my opinion.

HSC
We had 2 classes as well and we both did biotech.
Yeah, the core topics are really good in year 12 :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)