Options (1 Viewer)

IamKirby

HSC
Anyone do Forensics besides me? What are your thoughts? I actually found it more difficult than previous years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nancylime

HSC
Anyone do Forensics besides me? What are your thoughts? I actually found it more difficult than previous years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I found it quite good - I made a really dumb mistake when drawing amino acid - protein and did the double bond between C=N rather than C=O derrrrr
but other than that I thought it was good

IamKirby

HSC
I found it quite good - I made a really dumb mistake when drawing amino acid - protein and did the double bond between C=N rather than C=O derrrrr
but other than that I thought it was good
I found part a) ii difficult for relating the composition of glycogen and cellulose to the structure because I never studied that in depth, I found the testing for protein in egg white difficult because I never learnt a method. The DNA stuff was easy, but I think I would have only gotten about 5/7 for the 7 marker because didn't know in enough detail what to assess etc.

Last edited:

Anousha

HSC
I found part a) ii difficult for relating the composition of glycogen and cellulose to the structure because I never studied that in depth, I found the testing for protein in egg white difficult because I never learnt a method. The DNA stuff was easy, but I think I would have only gotten about 5/7 for the 7 marker because didn't know in enough detail what to assess etc.
for a) ii. you didn't have to know a method from school as that specific first hand investigation with the 'egg white' isn't in the syllabus, it uses rather your broad knowledge about what the test for protein is (which I didn't have time to do, ran out of time, bye = 4 marks)
and last question (7 marker) I used GLC, described the process, operation, what it can analyse, 2 advantages 2 disadvantages, and an assessment would that be enough for 7 marks..

ANYWAYS DONT WORRY, WE CAN CELEBRATE WOOH CHEMS OVER (actually so sad)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)